Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Medical Affairs Manager
Requisition ID: 1805646816W
Position Title: Medical Affairs Manager, Medical Affairs
Division: Johnson and Johnson Consumer Services EAME Ltd
Reports To: Director, Medical Affairs, EAME
The position requires a highly motivated candidate possessing extensive industry medical affairs experience, who is either a medical or dental professional or a specialist in associated basic life sciences who can play a leadership role working with a franchise team(s) to harness scientific data related to existing and new products, and related promotional claims, and to ensure their appropriate use in accordance with the category strategy.
The candidate will work closely with the relevant franchise team(s), comprising Marketing, Professional Marketing, Regulatory, and Consumer Insights, liaising with country affiliates, as well as global teams, to ensure consistency and alignment in terms of provision of medical affairs and scientific support. The role encompasses the Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) region, and involves building and sustaining a close working relationship with affiliates and global-level teams in support of their scientific-related requirements.
A key function is to ensure the provision of scientific and clinical information to relevant Franchise team(s) and sub-teams needed to support product registration, and marketing, of new or approved products.
Business acumen, strong presentation and communication skills, attention to detail and a drive for delivery of timely results are all essential for this role. The position may also include line management responsibilities for medical affairs staff based in the UK and/or local EMEA countries.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of commercial objectives and strategies for product(s) in the consumer healthcare arena.
- Assess and interpret literature, internal research and provide expertise on safety and effectiveness of relevant products.
- Partner in developing campaigns with larger teams which are scientifically supportable and commercially focused.
- Contribute to the development and approval of key communication messages and materials for professionals and consumers.
- To harness scientific data related to existing & new products and related promotional claims and ensure their appropriate use in accordance with the category strategy.
- To influence the external environment through networking with industry associations, professional associations and by influencing health authorities.
- Work with opinion leaders to help in the development of strategies, lobbying opportunities, new product development, claims and in the communication and acceptance of key data and messages.
- To identify, initiate and maintain close contact with the academic community to promote the Company image and ensure access to high quality experts.
- To be responsible for the coordination and resource management of allocated new product development or projects within EAME Research and Development (R&D).
- To review and advise on suitability of new products from a clinical and claims perspective.
- To ensure the provision of informed medical and scientific opinion to EAME Regulatory Affairs and Marketing
- To prepare and provide, subject to defined review procedures, expert summaries and rationales (including the generation of Parts III and IV of European Regulatory submission dossiers), for onward transmission to European regulatory authorities in support of the introduction of new consumer products, or in the maintenance of licenses of established products.
- To provide efficacy sections of Product Information Profiles for EAME consumer healthcare products.
- Write Clinical Overviews and Clinical Evaluation Reports (for medical devices) adapted from global overviews and supporting documentation, for local markets with no supporting medical affairs function.
- Assist local affiliates and regional medical affairs and regulatory colleagues, with ‘requests for information’ (RFIs).
- To be the credible internal subject matter expert (SME) and provide appropriate in-house scientific training for the respective franchise(s). Provision of scientific advice and information in response to enquiries from affiliate R&D departments and ensuring that the standard response documents used by local market medical information are accurate and up to date.
- To potentially have direct line managerial responsibility for a small number of local affiliate medical affairs staff in specified markets within the EAME region.
- To be trained in and remain compliant with appropriate Company Operating Procedures.
Medical or healthcare professional or graduate in life sciences, e.g. pharmacy, pharmaceutical chemistry or biology.
Post Graduate with experience in the ‘Over the Counter’ (OTC) or consumer products/medical devices or pharmaceutical industry, working in medical affairs. Previous experience in working with CCDS development, maintenance or implementation would be advantageous
Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to research, analyse and summarize scientific data are crucial. Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix environment on cross-functional teams and to facilitate decision making in collaboration with others. Experience in managing processes would be important as well as experience in working with multiple country markets.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work with teams and individuals
- Easily adaptable and receptive to change
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Establish negotiation skills with the ability to negotiate across multiple stakeholders
- Make decisions based upon facts
- Ability to build and establish strong and productive relationships
- Strong and effective communicator (both internally and externally)
- Excellent standard of written English
- Demonstrate the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions which may differ from others
- Confidence to offer ideas and opinions to support or influence others
This description is not exhaustive and does not devote or limit the scope of the role. In addition, there may be a requirement to undertake any other reasonable duties, or changes of responsibility, in accordance with business requirements.
J&J Consumer Services EMAE., Ltd (8675)