Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER
Requisition ID: 1805646257W
“Caring for the world, one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research & science, bringing innovative ideas, products & services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 115,000 employees at more than 250 Johnson & Johnson companies around the world work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day.
Our vision is to create a world without limits for people with diabetes. The Franchise covers Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG) products (LifeScan). LifeScan is engaged in the manufacturing, global distribution and marketing of the OneTouch range of blood glucose monitoring systems for diabetic patients throughout the world, and is currently engaged in a new chapter of investment for future growth and market success.
In this position your role will be to two-fold: develop and execute marketing strategies, tactics and support materials for the Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose (SMBG) products (LifeScan) in UK & Ireland, in association with the Marketing & Senior Brand Manager, while working very closely with the sales and commercial functions. You will also develop & lead a team training role, covering; needs assessment, foundation & continuous training, ensuring quality and Sales Force Effectiveness.
Overall, the ABM will need to show passion, drive, and take a forward thinking fresh view. The ABM needs to be able to tell a great story from data & intelligence, and communicate with energy to engage & inspire stakeholders within their projects & ideas.
As Asst. Brand Manager you will report to the UK & Ire Marketing Manager. The JJDCC offices are based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
- Execution of business plans to meet future needs and expectations, in line with Strategic Goals.
- Monitors implementation of brand strategy and makes adjustments as needed.
- Develops strategy for uncovering market opportunities by establishing priorities and recommending a process for obtaining intelligence information.
- To support all elements of the Marketing Mix including channel marketing, direct-to-patient and professional campaigns, product launches and flawless execution of tactical plan to meet business goals: retention, acquisition and switch across patient and professional channels.
- Responsible for support in delivering against the digital strategy: monitor social media platforms to identify innovative opportunities to build the brand. Support in developing the website to drive patient acquisition and retention, including SEO/paid advertising.
- Marketing collateral owner: responsible for material generation from concept, market testing, review and print of all marketing collateral and materials released for the UK & IE market. Initiate and lead the copy review process to gain timely approval for external release of all UK/IE materials.
- Conference, exhibition and event planning: optimise stand presence. Liaise with relevant parties to organise the event and ensure all relevant and appropriate marketing materials are present at the event and are returned thereafter.
- Develop and track metrics of success to measure ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Main point of contact for the field sales force: to handle campaign enquiries, trouble-shoot material order queries, to support exhibition organisation and answer ad-hoc marketing questions.
- Communicate marketing plans and campaign updates across departments (Sales, Operations, Finance) to provide transparency and aid planning.
- Handle customer enquiries: respond in a timely manner to any customer, supplier or internal enquiry.
- Prepare & deliver reports on brand & sales performance.
Training Co-ordination & Lead
- Creation & Planning of Training programme for; Foundation (new starters) and Continuous/On-Going (existing team members) training.
- Maintain & improve Quality of training - critical for attracting and retaining top talent.
- Lead/coordinate a cross-functional team to improve on the qualitative side of Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE).
- Drive training needs assessments for; Regional Business Managers (RBM), Strategic Affairs Managers (SAM – Market Access), & Territory Managers (TM – Sales), the ABM needing to unlock EMEA resources and tools to support this.
Establishes & maintains relationships with internal customers (e.g. salesforce) and external partners (e.g. design and print agencies).
Monitors & tracks budget to achieve promotional effectiveness, with an eye towards maximising gains and reducing cost.
Analysis: Performs Sales, Industry, Market and Competitive analysis & trend reporting.
- Business Leader
- Marketing Manager
- Snr Brand Manager
- Field based staff: Regional Business Managers (RBM), Strategic Affairs Managers (SAM – Market Access),
Experience: Experience: business experience, of which at least 1 demonstrates marketing experience. Background in Life Science (Pharma or Medical Devices) would be preferred.
Education: Marketing, Business Studies or equivalent degree. CIM qualifications an advantage but not essential.
The ideal candidate for Assistant Brand Manager should:
- demonstrated experience in Marketing
- have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts & familiarity with the latest
marketing trends & best practice
- interested in the Diabetes sector
- have good analytical skills
- goal oriented
- work well in a team with a wide range of people from different parts of the business
- be energetic and passionate about their product
- be interested in what competitors are doing
- Show & take the initiative
- Show critical thinking behind decision making
- be organised and methodical, able to manage different projects at the same time and meet tight
- be focused and motivated, capable of having an immediate impact on the business
- be proactive & think creatively
- be able to respond well to pressure
- be able to work within a budget
- have good presentation skills
- be a good listener, able to respond to results and consumer research
- be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- be persuasive and diplomatic
- be interested in what motivates people
- be able to motivate and inspire others
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)