Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist, Biomarker Research
Requisition ID: 1805646090W
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary research team focusing on drug discovery, translational research, and early development of novel small or large molecule drug candidates in Shanghai, China. This job may include expanding and strengthening the company’s internal and external network, research project coordination, out sourcing to CROs, biomarker project initiation and execution, biomarker platform set up and management. This position works closely with drug discovery, translational research, and early development team on biomarker development to support clinical development of new compound in the pipeline. The successful candidate should have a well-established track record in scientific research, ideally in pharmaceutical R&D or other healthcare industry. Good communication skills in both English and Chinese, as well as an ability to interact with collaboration partners both internally and externally.
· Lead the molecular pathology platform including IHC, ISH, FISH technology to support multiple biomarker projects.
· Solid scientific background in translational/biomarker research is required. Proactive participation and contribution to scientific community within JNJ will be expected.
· The successful candidate may be actively engaged in participating and evaluating progress in collaborative programs with external partners, so experience in collaborative research would be desirable.
· The successful candidate will be expected to work efficiently in a multi-task environment, and to supervise junior scientists to deliver hands-on work according to priorities and timelines.
- The candidate should have a MD or PhD in biology, molecular biology, pathology, biochemistry or a related field, with minimum five years of industry experience in pre-clinical drug discovery or translational research, preferably in a pharmaceutical setting or other relevant healthcare industry.
· Extensive experience of leading biomarker platforms such as IHC/ISH/IF is a must.
· Extensive experience of analyzing human biological samples.
· Quantitively image analysis preferred.
· The ideal candidate would also have a working knowledge of the challenges and experimental systems linked to drug discovery or diagnostic/biomarker research
· Experience working with global and regional partners (internal and external) is highly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
· Good written and oral communication skill in both English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)