Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805645836W
Provision and implementation of the DePuy Synthes automation strategy, support of automation projects across the manufacturing network and establish a strong Modular Automation Group within the Innovation Center Zuchwil.
- Leads and participates in highly complex engineering projects, either technically or with an extensive cross-functional team. This includes developing and executing to the plan and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Track costs, prepares status reports, conduct meetings and communicate progress to management.
- Leads new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Identify, recommend and implement transformational process opportunities within and across sites with focus on automated solutions. Leads or participates in such projects.
- Provision of support to the cross Global Orthopedic Automation Strategy.
- This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process automation development, tooling design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying needs for automated solutions, based on a holistic view of the different value streams. This includes a good understanding of the feasibility and profitability of innovative technologies and optimization of existing production processes.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Provides direction and technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
- Determines program objectives and requirements, organizes programs and projects, and develops standards and guides for automation engineering activities.
- Develops process validation strategy for complex processes and supports engineering studies, process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Uses engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems. Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other worldwide organizations and companies.
- Consults with higher management on business opportunities and potential problems which may impact on the company's business.
- Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- PhD in Engineering or related discipline.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Generally, requires minimum (>5) years related experience.
- Experience in automation technology or machine vision and programming knowledge with software such as .NET, NI LabVIEW, Cognex VisionPro, MVTec HALCON or similar application software are beneficial.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity with regard to the redesign of production processes.
- Demonstrates independent and systematic working.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, personal engagement and tenacity.
- Multi-year experience in developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing solutions.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device.
- Business fluent language skills in German and English.
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
- May be responsible for the supervision of Engineering staff.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
Synthes GmbH (7111)