Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Scientist, API
Requisition ID: 1805645821W
The Associate Scientific Director is a key position in the leadership teams of API Small Molecule Development, with primary responsibility described as following:
· Management of multiple projects thorough collaboration with CROs, for scale up, and timely delivery of intermediates/APIs and related documents;
· Develops, communicates and implements strategies and tactics to achieve overall departmental goals;
· Proactively supervise and influence project team direction;
· Takes responsibility in departmental functions and be a subject matter expert within department/company.
The main requirements of this role are the following:
· Leads and manages multiple projects simultaneously, allocates resources and coordinates project activities to facilitate the achievements of major milestones of projects to ensure required deliveries on time;
· Prioritizes projects, defines milestones of projects with time lines, proposes and guides development directions;
· Clearly understands the developmental issues of projects and develops strategies to resolve them;
· Directs teams to perform experiments to define process parameters intended to develop suitable processes for chemical manufacturing and even for commercialization. Must apply organic chemistry, chemical engineering, safety and green chemistry principles to design experiments, optimize reactions, streamline workup procedures, and reduce cycle times;
· Manages all aspects of compliance issues (cGMP requirements and EHS regulations).
· Clearly defines team expectations, communicates project progress and needs, and interfaces with analytical, engineering, technical services, process research groups to function as one team.
· Identifies and introduces new process technology, new techniques/equipments to improve and enhance scale up operation.
· Mentors scale up and process chemists on variety of subjects; process development, scale up, regulations and pilot plant/kilo lab equipments if needed.
· Makes decisions concerning the design, conduct, and evaluation of projects or programs in PDMS; utilizes personnel effectively; influences the initiation, development, and termination of projects in a timely and insightful manner; deals with managerial and scientific issues on a departmental and divisional level.
· Supervises scientific personnel as appropriate to the effective operation of the research team.
Enhances the effectiveness of research teams at partner companies and/or internally by mentoring and effectively influencing colleagues in the proper techniques and scientific strategies.
· Proactively participates in team activities as an excellent team player, contributes to project deliveriables.
This function will require the following minimum entry requirements: a Ph.D. degree with > 8 years of experience (including postdoctoral studies) in Process Research and Development in small molecule API within pharmaceutical industry in a development environment, with exposure to early and late development, filing and launch.
Experience in leading a technical team and initiating and managing external partner activity is essential and experience of the manufacturing environment is a plus, ideally in the form of post-approval support and troubleshooting.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)