Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineering Manager, Projects
Requisition ID: 1805645583W
JNJ Vision Limerick are now recruiting for a Senior Engineering Manager, Projects to join the team based in Limerick, Ireland.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) manufactures ACUVUE® brand contact lenses, the world's first soft disposable contact lens, and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. JJVC is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
The Senior Engineering Manager, Projects is responsible for the leadership of the Advanced Engineering team within J&J Vision, including the introduction of the latest technical innovation and capacity expansion programs for the J&J Vision Engineering team
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Actively promote a safety culture within your team and the wider organization.
· Partners with other members of the supply chain organization to promote new technology and support new product introductions
· Ensures continuity between R&D and J&J Centre’s of Excellence technology programs and ensures adequate vendor management.
· Lead Supply Chain projects for additional capacity, new products and significant technology enablers through the provision of engineering support.
· Responsible for driving innovative change across all areas including plant support functions, through new technology application, equipment upgrades and equipment optimization.
· Contributes on a management level on the direction and strategy of the business
· Cost management having responsibility capital budgets strategic planning, on target budget management.
· Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities within your team ensuring business commitments are met for on-time, on-budget delivery
· Responsible for the development of your team by both sourcing new talent and also developing the capabilities of the existing team members.
· Responsible for conducting regular and timely Performance Reviews for all direct reports
· Responsible for providing both positive and negative feedback to employees about their performance in a timely and constructive manner
· Developing an inclusive culture
Leadership Development Common Skills:
· Influencing & Interdependent Partnering - Manages relationships externally and internally for functional area. Leads and influences a team across multiple sites and cultures, ensuring team continuity in vision and execution. Builds cross-functional and cross-departmental support, ensuring Sr. stakeholders per site are aware of key risk, projects, staff objectives, etc.
· Organizational & People Development - Holds people accountable for measurable results. Provides coaching, useful feedback, and direction to direct reports/teams. Ensures and measure improvement for development of staff. Identifies high potential candidates. Fosters harmony within functional and other areas. Promotes the business value of diverse perspectives. Influences and persuades to bring about process and technical improvements.
· Masters Complexity - Defines complex issues; recommends and guides implementation of functional strategies; manages departmental/projects and day-to-day operations within area of responsibility. Spokesperson for functional area. Technical expert for functional area; makes the complex clear and compelling; conceptual knowledge of all responsible functions and business areas. Represents the department/project in providing solutions to difficult technical issues.
· Customer Focus & Innovation - Develops and implements functional area initiatives to deliver customer value at lowest cost. Resolves and manages technical and tactical operational problems. Establishes key operating practices for department/project and functional area, ensuring cross-functional synergy. Drives innovation within functional area.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Sense of Urgency
· Big Picture Orientation
· Strategic Thinking
· Leadership & Vision
· Effective Communicator
· People Manager
· Relevant 3rd Level Degree Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline with minimum of BEng/Meng or equivalent
· Min 8 Years industry experience in an Engineering environment.
· Min 5 years demonstrated People management experience.
• Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)