Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sub Category Manager APAC, Meetings
Requisition ID: 1805645015W
The APAC Regional Category Manager, Meetings & Events Services will have regular exposure to a wide range of procurement related business activities at the company. This category is critical as it covers significant spend and impacts the business travel and events experience of both employees and key customers/HCPs. This role includes all aspects of Meetings & Events Services for Singapore, India, Australia, New Zealand and ASEAN countries, including supporting the implementation of SMART Spend & Spend Optimization demand management strategies, rollout of an improved HCP support service, preferred supplier management, delivering Johnson & Johnson Travel & Meeting Services Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) program, providing accurate reporting and analysis to the AsPAC Sectors and partnering with key stakeholders to eliminate spend leakage.
The Manager-Category Lead will be responsible for managing approximately $30 million in meetings related spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium to low complexity in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of the JJTMS SMM and Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This individual will provide Leadership within the assigned markets for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Manager-Category Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Develop and deliver communication plans around the compliance with the Meetings policies, programs and strategies; be able to measure and communicate compliance at the J&J affiliate level.
- Interface directly with senior executives and other supplier account leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, risk, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
Key Working Relationships
- Global Travel and Meeting Services Leadership Team
- Segment/Business Unit Finance Leadership
- Segment/Business Leadership
- Global/Regional Procurement Category Leaders
- Senior leaders and Account Management for suppliers
- External alliance organizations and associations
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Engineering, with at least 5 years' experience in a similar capacity
- Business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, Health Care Compliance, or a Technical filed with at least 3+ years within a Procurement environment
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J Management)
- Strong Project management skills, and Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, HCC, Supply Chain)
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)