Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technician 1 QA/QC
Requisition ID: 1805644564W
Position Title: Technician 1 QA/QC
Report to: Business Unit Quality Manager
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 800 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Responsible for conducting QC testing and inspections as per QC procedures.The QC Lab involves the responsibility for equipment verification, sampling of finished goods, secondary package testing, primary package testing, package seal integrity testing, Lens parameter testing and visual audit testing using ‘Laboratory Information Management Systems’ (LIMS)
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Following Good Manufacturing Practice requirements in all aspects of role
· Product testing/ inspection following lab procedures and standards
· Collation and entry of results to LIMS (Laboratory Information System) as applicable
· Completes record of results as per Good document practices when required
· Maintaining QC equipment in a validated GMP state, as per QC procedures
· Lens sampling per procedure, as required
· Completing QC tasks as directed by QC management
· Recommends and implements revisions, corrections and changes to laboratory procedures, test equipment procedures and test methods when required.
· Responsible for completing Training requirements in a timely manner
· Responsible for maintaining personal training records in a compliant manner
· Prepares for and Participates in Regulatory and internal audits as directed
· All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
· Min. Cert level in Quality / Science related discipline
· Ability to work in a team environment while meeting daily targets
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Flexible work ethic
· Attention to detail
· Being able to work in a team environment
· 2 Years Experience in a regulated environment is preferable
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)