Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sunbury on Thames, England
Requisition ID: 1805643469W
Are you ready for that next step in your career and want to take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products and related services?
Sunbury Vision, the contact lens division of Johnson & Johnson, is well established as the main hub for contact lens distribution across EMEA. This progressive and innovative company includes among its’ brands the No 1 selling brand of lenses, Acuvue®, which is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
• Approximately, 4 million orders per year despatched across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• Inventory in excess of 12,000 SKUs, with a value of $20M.
• Automated, semi-automated and manual processes across multiple systems and equipment.
• A combined workforce of over 180 people, including team leaders, operators & agency workforce.
• Current operation from Monday to Friday, 06:00 to 22.00
Sunbury Vision has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical biased Shift Process Technician based in Sunbury. We work to a fast pace to service all our customers need, therefore flexibility in the role is necessary to change priorities at short notice. The working environment is both demanding & dynamic.
Typically, you will own the day to day operation of the machinery. Maintaining engineering downtime information, shift handover logs, equipment monitoring, trials, Planned Maintenance & continuous improvement activities.
What you are great at:
You will have a proactive approach to your work and this will see an improvement in equipment uptime and efficiency, thereby supporting overall Business Objectives. You will also seek continuous improvement opportunities within operations, through process optimisation.
The role involves working as part of a team on a shift operation, working from 0600 – 1400 one week and then 1400 – 2200. Maintenance and Operational demands will mean that additional hours may need to be worked at weekends, or during the week but this will be rewarded by being paid overtime.
You will have a strong customer focus in all areas of your work.
As a Process Technician, your typical day may include:
Responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following: -
• Maintaining equipment uptime @ 98% through proactive maintenance and quality of workmanship
• Continuous focus on process /equipment optimisation
• Follow through on maintenance in timely manner and to quality standard
• Follow through and deliver on assigned engineering improvement projects
• Comply to J&J Safety and Quality standards at all times
You will also:
• Control of contractors and issuing of Permits to Work
• Compile and produce Change Control documentation for site equipment and processes
• Supporting the Engineering Manager in compiling test plans and procedures for Quality Systems and Change Control Board
• Effective planned maintenance inspections and record on CMMS
• Continually improve PM schedules, ensuring adding value
• Carry out Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis and other requested work
• Continually monitor areas of equipment, liaising with Operations staff to meet changes as required
• Drive Operational/Engineering KPIs to hit and exceed set targets
• Undertake the training of others as required
• Comply with all legislative documentation and record any required data in the appropriate format
What you’ll own and how you’ll grow:
This role will offer you a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to customers all around the world. You will be working for the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products and related services where we only recruit top talent.
You will drive the team forward to a new and improved way of working where you will be regarded as the SME in this area and your input will be invaluable to the success of the team. We will also support you to develop both technically and personally in order to drive your career.
To be part of this dynamic team you will be customer focused with a drive for continuous improvement. You will have a professional engineering at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an electrical/mechanical discipline with corresponding practical experience. You will have strong experience of automated processes together with:
• Mechanical comprehension skills
• Electrical comprehension skills
• PLC skills
• Practical engineering knowledge
• Fault finding skills
• Authorised Permit To Work trained
• Knowledge of Lock out Tag Out procedure / processes.
• Ability to clearly understand engineering drawings, symbols and notation
It would be great if you had:
• Lean certified training
• Knowledge of COSHH to legislative standards
• Experience of shift working
• Risk Assessment trained
• Experience of pneumatic systems
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 25th June 2018
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-Sunbury on Thames
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)