Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Pilot Plant Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805643454W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time ‘… inspires and unite the people of Johnson & Johnson, we embrace research and science- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people
Janssen Pharmaceutica is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for bringing innovative medicines towards patients throughout the world.
The Clinical Supply Chain Department (CSC) is part of the Pharmaceutical Development organization and plays a crucial role in delivering medicines to our patients during the development phase of a new product. Within CSC, the Chemical Development Pilot Plants are responsible for the upscaling and finetuning of chemical processes which result in the successful production of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s).
Janssen has two state of the art Pilot Plants located in Belgium, the Chemical Development Miniplant (CDMP) in Beerse and the Chemical Development Pilot Plant (CDPP) in Geel.
Description of the Function:
To strengthen our Pilot Plant team we are looking for a Senior Engineer. After an extensive training in our engineering organization and our pilot plants, you will build up the required project-management skills and plant-expertise. This expertise covers both the chemical processes and the process equipment with their related data systems.
You are a part of our pilot plant engineering team, and your the major activities for this challenging role are:
- You are end to end responsible for new product introductions in close collaboration with the API Research & Development team and the Pilot Plant partners.
- All plant related aspects of the pilot production process are covered by you: process-safety, product-quality, project management, plant readiness, new technology introduction, ...
- You lead optimization activities related to current and new chemical processes, making use of data-analysis and process analytical tools (PAT).
- You support operational activities in the pilot plants: deviation handling and investigations, continuous improvement programs. You make use of lean techniques and root cause analysis techniques.
- You build up technical expertise around specific equipment and represent the pilot plant in the shared technology teams together with commercial production.
- Together with the Technical Operations Department you assist the transfer to commercial production.
- You have a degree (MS/PhD) in organic chemistry, chemical engineering or bio engineering (with focus on chemistry)
- Basic understanding of organic chemistry and chemical process safety is required
- You have an outspoken interest in technology and working in a chemical operational development environment.
- You have at least 5 years working experience in a comparable environment.
- You have the ability to work in a creative and innovative development organization, that requires short timelines and high flexibility in combination with high accuracy.
- Good organizational skills, capable of handling multiple projects is a requirement. Working knowledge of project management principles is an advantage.
- You are able to demonstrate strong multi-functional collaboration, good communication and teaming skills.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)