Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Data Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805643381W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceutica is currently recruiting outstanding Senior Scientist, who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to Patients and Janssen. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to after launch and supply chain. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value. The Scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research by doing novel research to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The Scientist, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines.
The successful candidate will partner with colleagues in Research, Development, Commercial, Supply Chain and Informatics to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for key J&J business functions. Will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate and lead internal and external project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
- Serve as an expert resource supporting one or more areas such as Commercial, HEOR, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Business Development, Supply Chain.
- Integrate complex, high-dimensional data and analyze data sets using high performance computing and advanced algorithms as required.
- Lead as a Business Analyst for moderate to large projects, programs, or initiatives of varying complexity across the franchise or enterprise.
- Manage relationships across IT, legal and finance functional areas; may contribute/perform analyses on health care data sets with business partners.
- Work effectively as part of a team and solve complex or unusual problems in consideration of the potential impact.
- Negotiate the needs of multiple users or business partners; balance between business needs and Data Sciences and IT standards and strategies to guide well-informed decisions.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
- Strong understanding of the current and future state technology and applications
- Advanced knowledge of the business processes in one of the key areas Commercial, R&D, Supply Chain
- Understanding of the business impact of different solutions, and the ability to assess and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, costs, and risk.
- Understanding of departmental budgets and the ability to allocate resources accordingly.
- Understanding of the company’s strategic vision and future products, services, and strategies globally; ability to identify and recover any troubled projects or programs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- An advanced degree (PhD or MD) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology, natural language processing or a related discipline is required.
- Strong understanding of research and development or commercial in the healthcare sector is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks and deep learning is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of biomedical datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required. Experience in the handling and analysis of real world evidence data is preferred.
- Experience with SQL or scripting is preferred.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, C++ is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R, MatLab, SAS, Python, Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot or other analytical tools is required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)