Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Manager - Cough & Cold GFO
Requisition ID: 1805643294W
Marketing within a self-care (OTC) environment carries identical marketing challenges found in a more traditional ‘FMCG environment. Skills in insight generation, communications development, integrated marketing communication programs, and driving new products agenda are essential. However the challenges linked to the splintered self-care environment require specific skills unique to self-care: the ability to merge strong strategic thinking with a good understanding of the regulatory environments which offer diverse opportunities and constraints in terms of products, claims and visuals. On top competition differs by market. It is therefore important to understand well the local environments in order to drive a strong glo-cal innovation agenda.
The global Cough & Cold team is structured around 4 sub need states: multi symptom, head cold, sore throat and cough. Sore Throat & Cough are led by a Global Franchise Marketing Director that manages the product innovations and strategic marketing programs across the 4 key regions NA, EMEA, APAC, LATAM
The Franchise Manager role is responsible for leading Cough globally. This is a global position hence this role covers the 4 regions and includes the development of brand positioning, innovation pipeline, brand strategies and plans to grow the business in existing, new and emerging markets.
The Franchise Manager will frequently interact with marketers of all levels (from Marketing Director to Assistant Manager) to get right insight from the markets and identify key focus areas that will accelerate brand performance and form the basis of a long-term growth strategy. They will also facilitate the exchange of information and best in class approaches across markets. In this respect, the ability to influence, communicate and collaborate is important. Finally there is a significant opportunity to coach & develop less experienced marketers, either within the GFO team, or in local markets.
Finally the Franchise Manager leads the cross functional team responsible for delivering the innovation pipeline. It is therefore crucial that the individual has strong leadership and collaboration skills to involve all key functions (R&D, regulatory, medical, project management, finance, business development, design) in the development of strategy and innovation.
Part II - Key Responsibilities
- Business related undergraduate degree desired. Master in business or marketing specialization preferred but not required.
- Fluency in second language is preferred but not required.
- Multicultural background is preferred but not required.
- Marketing experience in consumer / FMCG/CPG brand management (Senior Brand Manager / +), with proven experience at a manager level.
- Experience in OTC or other highly regulated environment is preferred but not required
- Previous experience in managing a product launch from positioning to in-market execution. Proven success in strategically positioning and launching new products/claims required
- A strong grasp of strategic marketing is required, with experience of all the key brand disciplines. Advertising / campaign development experience is required.
- Ability to set objectives, demonstrate strategic agility, and manage multiple projects of high complexity across teams.
- Knowledge and experience related to global marketing, ideation, concept design and marketing research preferred but not required.
- Experience working on international organization is preferred but not required.
- Experience leading multi-functional and teams in support of identifying growth opportunities required.
- A strong leader who is able to work in a matrix structure and influence senior managers in the business (both GFO and the regional clusters).
- A genuine team player with a real desire to constantly learn & share ideas with colleagues across multi functional business teams.
- A desire and an ability to thrive in changing times & to be flexible to respond to changing business requirements in a complex environment
- Ability to interact with senior management, build trust-based relationships and work under own initiative through an inspirational leadership style.
- Previous experience of working as leader of cross-functional team
- Candidate should have a strong focus on performance, strategic agility, high potential and a proven record in outperforming business goals and expectations in current and previous roles.
- Analytical ability, can readily interpret data and is familiar with key research techniques
- Ability to identify/create consumer insights and translate into winning concepts/claims
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong problem solving skills are required
- Effective interdependent partnering, collaboration, influencing, negotiation, communication and management/coaching skills are required to lead cross functional teams effectively and motivate team members toward flawless execution
- Cross cultural sensitivity
J&J Consumer Services EMAE., Ltd (8675)