Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Legal Director, R&D Procurement EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805642819W
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department seeks a Legal Director to join the Supply Chain and Procurement legal team (“SC&P”), and provide legal support to various groups in Johnson & Johnson’s R&D, Procurement, Global Services, and Supplier Contracting Services organizations.
The SC&P Legal Team is responsible for providing legal support for Cross Sector Supply Chain and Procurement activities across the Plan-Source-Make-Deliver continuum, including activities related to R&D procurement, external manufacturing, Customer Logistics Services and Supply Chain Strategy and Deployment. The SC&P Legal Team also supports our Global Procurement organization, which is responsible for developing and executing Enterprise spend strategies covering such diverse categories as R&D, Supply Chain Materials, Logistics, Business Services (including Corporate Services, HR Services, IT (including Application Development, Software and Infrastructure), Travel and Fleet), Marketing, and Capital, Construction & Facilities.
SC&P’s support of the Global Procurement Organization also includes support for Global Services’ Supplier Contracting Services organization (“SCS”), which was created as part of our Enterprise Standards and Productivity (“ES&P”) program. SCS will bring greater consistency and efficiency to Johnson & Johnson’s Procurement contracting process across all Procurement categories in all regions, and the SC&P Legal Team is working with SCS to standardize and harmonize the Procurement contracting experience around the world by assisting in the creation of new technologies, processes, and templates, as well as new training and escalation procedures.
The position will be primarily responsible for providing practical and timely guidance on issues escalated by the R&D procurement teams and for the management, drafting and negotiation of contracts necessary for a global research and development organization with a primary focus on supporting Janssen Research & Development in EMEA. While this position will primarily support the R&D procurement organization of our pharmaceutical sector , the successful candidate may also provide legal support to R&D procurement organizations in the Medical Device and Consumer sectors and may collaborate with Law Department colleagues and business partners on other transactions and support as circumstances warrant, including on such matters as divestitures and acquisitions, strategic collaborations and partnership agreements with public and private institutes, as well as quality, regulatory and sustainability issues relevant to R&D Procurement.
- Draft, or supervise the drafting of, complex agreements including Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Research Funding Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Clinical Supply Agreements and other research related contracts, training materials, templates and supporting documents such as Alternate Clause (Fallback) guidance.
- Counsel business partners and senior management on strategic R&D procurement projects.
- Provide legal advice on contracts to help ensure that agreements meet business needs, comply with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures, and that legal risks have been appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated.
- Identify and adopt best practices and support process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve timeliness, accuracy and quality in support of an increasing client base.
- Coordinate with Supplier Contracting Services as necessary to help SCS deliver contracting services in the region
- Manage outside counsel relationships, work flow and budget.
This position requires at least minimum 7 years of significant experience drafting and negotiating complex R&D agreements, preferably in house at a multi-national corporation, or at a large or mid-sized law firm, with demonstrated excellent results, and preferably in the healthcare industry including experience in R&D and/or R&D procurement.
- Deep understanding of the legal ramifications and needs of the business environment in one or more of the above-mentioned areas, preferably across the pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer sectors is a plus.
- Strong (virtual) team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills are a plus.
- Strong business and analytical skills, problem solving ability, legal risk assessment skills are a requirement.
- Strong ability to design, develop and lead strategic and process improvement initiatives is a plus.
- Good practical understanding of intellectual property rights and contracting in such area is a requirement.
- Having experience supporting R&D in the pharmaceutical sector is a plus.
- Fluency in English with the capability of drafting contract terms and conditions in English is required.
- Flemish language skill is a plus.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)