Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805641534W
The Project Engineer role is to lead the Engineering, Automation and Warehouse Execution System functions of projects for the Courcelles Site, and supporting other project throughout the CLS EMA . The role will also provide ad hoc support for critical to business initiatives such as Machine Safety and other safety compliance activities.The role will have responsibility for the management and execution of engineering projects for CLS in the EMA region. Projects may include Automation, Process Excellence or Systems type projects in the region.The expectations are that the person in this role will be a self-starter and capable of understanding the scope needs of the project and creating work tasks in line with the schedule critical path.Be flexible with Project related travel and work hours, management and organization of meetings with flexibility.
Engineering & Support
- Review the optimal process/solution for any specific problem, considering user requirements, safety and validation requirements, cost and timing.
- Draft relevant machine, site specific URS documents for vendors on any planned project within Courcelles and CLS EMA.
- Translate user requirements into technical solutions.
- Design process improvements, using Process Excellence and Lean Thinking.
- Coordinate the logistic element of the project with regards to de-commissioning and commissioning of equipment and Warehouse Execution Systems at various sites in the region.
- Coordinate and execute testing and validation for logistics projects focusing on process capability and functionality.
- Interact continuously with internal and external partners responsible for the technical realization of projects for CLS EMA.
- Follow up on the development of new technologies and concepts, and provide guidance on potential operational improvements.
- Provide user support and come up with structural solutions to make processes more robust and free of maintenance.
- Accept and validate new applications.
- Drive and monitor formal acceptance: from commissioning and qualification over to end-to-end validation.
- Follow-up of delivery and verification of documentation (as built-files).
- Assist in change management and end user training.
- Provide support to internal and external departments on functionality questions.
- Creation and help with the scheduling of maintenance PM’s for executed projects.
Compliance & qualification: cGMP and other certification mechanisms
- Be an active representation of J&J’s compliance strategy.
- Provide correct instructions, training and adequate supervision to ensure a controlled status.
- Involve and consult operational colleagues for all qualification and validation aspects, providing information and feedback.
- Measure and evaluate performance and insurance of correct attitude.
Safety, Health & Environment (SHE)
-Actively represent the prevention strategy.
-Drive the execution of risk analyses, site inspection tours, investigation of incidents.
- Provide correct instructions, training and adequate supervision for the use of materials and personal protection means to create a safe and positive work environment.
- Involve and consult operational colleagues for all aspects of prevention providing feedback and information.
- Measure and evaluate the SHE performance and ensure a correct attitude.
- Monitor compliance with prevention procedures and work instructions.
6 to 8 years in engineering and/or automation design and project delivery.
escribe any additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required:
- Team player, adaptive to cultural differences.
- Understanding of the distribution operations, and understanding of the processes and Warehouse Execution/IT systems.
- Have insights and knowledge of strategic logistics (supply chain-, transport- and warehouse management). Logistic process and project experience. Have basic insights and knowledge of IT equipment
- Project management experience: control of information flows, manage/control budgets and follow-up of planning.
- Have knowledge of safety guidelines and regulations
- Have knowledge of European Standards regarding safety and design of equipment
- Have basic knowledge of qualification and validation approaches (V-Model or System Development Life Cycle/IQP88).
- Be customer-oriented understanding of Distribution Center automation concepts and warehouse management/warehouse control systems.
- Able to work with PC Software such as MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio, MiniTab.
- Knowledge of SAP is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of logistics and logistic systems (Material Handling Equipment & Control Systems)
- Understanding of supply chain system architecture layers.
- In depth knowledge of Warehouse Management System and Warehouse Control System layer content.
GMED (7548)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID