Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
Voer een geldig e-mailadres in
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist Mass Spectrometry
Requisition ID: 1805640846W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
Janssen Vaccines AG (formerly Crucell), one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people worldwide.
For our site in Bern we are looking for a highly committed
Scientist - Mass Spectrometry
The qualified candidate will join the Vaccine Process and Analytical Development group, part of Global R&D. Within Analytical Development Department, the candidate will join the Chemistry and Biophysics Group focused on analytical support for small and large molecules characterization and quantification. This group develops analytical strategies specific to analytical techniques that are needed to progress Biotherapeutic products in the pipeline; this includes method development, process development support, formulation and stability studies, product characterization, method qualification and transfer.
- Plan, execute and evaluate experiment the Mass Spectrometry laboratory
- Supervise activities in Mass Spectrometry laboratory and provides technical leadership in Mass Spectrometry field
- Provide support in identification of the strategy for product characterization and structure elucidation of large biopharmaceutical molecules e.g. proteins, glycoproteins, Lipopolysaccharides
- Operate mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography independently to produce results on assigned research projects. Presents findings to supervisors and professional groups. Assists in report writing and technical reports.
- Experience in development and validation of GC/MS would be considered an asset
- Serve as point of contact in the Mass Spectrometry field for the Analytical Development Department in Bern
- Collaborate to create and review Standard Operating Procedures to increase quality and efficiency of the Department
- Builds collaborative and strategic partnerships with internal and external teams
- Provides advice to identify new scientific and technical platforms that support the work of the Team
- Ph.D. or Master in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline with proven experience and hands-on Mass Spectrometry field as applied to large molecules and a minimum of five years of industry experience is required.
- Ability to independently perform experiment/analysis and to draw scientifically sound interpretation and conclusions, in particular in the area of Mass Spectrometry as applied to biological large molecules (e.g. proteins, conjugates).
- Experience using Waters Synapt-G2-ToF mass spectrometry for large and small molecules with MassLynx workstation and PLGS platform is highly preferred as well as experience in volatile and semi-volatile compound identification and quantification by GC/MS.
- Mass spectrometry database search in addition to manual spectrum interpretation is considered an asset. Experience in test methods development and validation and in operating and troubleshooting various cutting-edge LC-MS instrumentations is preferred. Familiarity with other spectroscopic and chromatographic methods (e.g. FT-IR and NMR) would be an advantage.
We are offering you a multifaceted challenge in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms. Have we piqued your interest? Please send us your online application (CV, Working References etc.) by clicking on apply at the top right.
Janssen Vaccines AG (8851)