Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Medical Scientific Liaison Manager
Requisition ID: 1805640624W
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson (J&J). Please visit http://www.janssen.co.uk/ for more information.
To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
To take a proactive role in looking for strategically aligned opportunities
- related to optimising evidence generation (liaison with GCO, CSS, IIS, RWE) and/or
- identification of pipeline opportunities in line with Disease Area Strongholds strategy
take a leadership role in continuing to shape and evolve the MSL role in line with company strategy, to obtain competitive advantage
At least 60% time on territory
Therapy area: To keep abreast of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Continuously update their knowledge of products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patient`s treatment trends in the region
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications
- Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities and share these with the MAF team
- Consultant to field based roles for answering queries and sharing insights
- Understand healthcare environment including HTA process, effects on access to medications, competitive trends, patient pathways
- May pursue extra expert training in TA where appropriate eg MSc, diploma etc
- Contribute MAC2 at congresses eg attend medical stand and write assigned summary reports at congress for internal regional knowledge sharing
- Attend the relevant SKM journal clubs
- Demonstrate expertise in TA by proposing contributing and/or authoring local posters/publications with leading specialists, an in line with company strategy
- Point person in field for Medical Leads to consolidate and share field based insights
Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists.
- Work with L&D to help convene the customer experience day ie identify general development needs based on customer feedback and market place trends; contribute content and identify customers
- Identifies ways in which technology eg iConnect, J-Live and other technologies can be enhanced to improve effectiveness of MSLs.
- Proposes new and compliant ways MSls can engage with HCPs
Support Medical Affairs evidence generation strategy, planning, design and execution in
close co-operation with GCO,CROs and other relevant CROs
- Contribute to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings for company sponsored trials; recruitment follow-up and study result presentation
- Communicates MAF strategy in ways, which motivate and engage other MSL and MAF colleagues.
- Align with GCO Therapy areal leads on trial site strategy for company sponsored trials
- Align with UK innovation centre scout on areas of need for pipeline in disease area strongholds. Support through KOL networks the identification of research with respect to potential New molecular entities (NMEs)
- Be UK Lead for field based IIS, EAP, or RWE project or MAPPED! (MSL development programme and MSL forum)
- Lead field evidence generation based projects through approval and implementation processes PRP etc with medical project lead
- Takes a leadership role in identify and applying HCBI guidance
- Have a good understanding of internal approval processes such as PRP, ReCAP,
- PUBSTRAT. Work with medical programme lead to ensure compliance and approval of projects and studies
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
• Scientific degree masters or PhD: Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or Nature Science university
- Knowledge of NHS priorities in TA
- Market Access process for the TA and geography
•Significant clinical background in psychiatry
Experience with Quality improvement with a particular focus on designing and managing clinical services in the NHS
Experience in clinical Research
Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area (if new to industry) AND / OR industry experience in a Medical Scientific Liaison/Scientific Advisor post
• Strength in research and interpretation of medical data
• Relevant work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship
• Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results
• Innovative with the ability to coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
• Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guide
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Janssen-Cilag Ltd, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Medical Science Liaison