Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805639718W
This person will serve as a key scientific contributor in the Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism Group, providing pharmacokinetics expertise to project teams, toxicologists and other functional areas (Quantitative Sciences, PDMS) as required.
This person will be responsible for the design, conduct and interpretation of mechanistic in vivo and in vitro pharmacokinetic studies and employ latest preclinical PBPK/PD models for the projection of human exposure profiles as well as for the early identification of development risks/opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include protocol design/input for (hypothesis driven) Pharmacokinetics/Toxicokinetics studies, evaluating data and authoring company reports.
The incumbent will represent the department at various working group meetings to address PK/TK and ADME-related issues, and provide guidance on the appropriate use of this data for decision making purposes about compound progression.
- PhD in a relevant life science discipline
- A fundamental understanding of drug discovery and development and the role of pharmacokinetics.
- In-depth training and hands-on experience in pharmacokinetics and basic knowledge in mechanistic PK-PD (TK-TD) modeling
- Additional experience in absorption, distribution, drug metabolism, enzyme kinetics and transporter research is highly desirable.
- Ability to design, supervise and interpret various types of mechanistic ADME/PK and TK studies
- Proficiency in the development/optimization of new/existing experimental models to support hypothesis driven pharmacokinetic research.
- Prior experience with PK analysis (non-compartment & multi-compartment modeling) and a demonstrated ability to work with modeling tools (e.g. NONMEM, Phoenix, GastroPlus, SimCYP).
- Active scientific participation and collaboration with colleagues in industry, academia and regulatory agencies.
- Strong analytical thinking, excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)