Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customs Affairs Manager
Requisition ID: 1805637613W
Regulatory changes and trends in trade compliance
- Identify key sources and ensure a mechanism is in place to be well informed of regulatory changes and trends, then develop insightful interpretation. Collect input from team of each sector then share within CLS across sectors and geographic areas, on monthly basis and as needed in case of significant changes: Customs reform and implications, changes in HS coding, duty rates, CIQ inspection requirements, Chinese Label regulatory changes, recent cases of Customs Inquires/Audits, etc. .
- Select relevant content to share/highlight with other key functions monthly, e.g. MD Supply Chain Council, Consumer new product launch and/or eCom project team on import part, Destination country/project team on export part.
- Work with different internal stakeholders to drive compliance with the local Customs/CIQ regulations and develop related process improvement/or duty saving projects to drive excellence on import & export operations.
- Optimize and document process of Trade Compliance, update based on risks identified, clarify who will do what across functions, e.g. double check by source Finance and China Finance on ICP/price changes, gate-keeping by China Supply Chain over Price Changes and in direct shipments. Track to ensure disciplined execution, and including in monthly performance Dashboard.
- Understand external benchmark and leading practice of industry; update every 6 months.
- Establish a CA team Dashboard, e.g. on Customs Clearance lead time, CIQ Inspection Rate, lab testing lead time
- Identify gaps vs best practice, take initiatives in improvement, and involve early in “innovative pilots” with government agencies, to make JnJ CA the top tier.
- Put together a list of key names of Customs and CIQ from working level, middle management till senior/top management, and state who at JnJ meets with whom at what frequency.
- Plan ahead and track team’s execution, organize meetings of CLS Director, and Senior Director with the Head of Customs and CIQ. This is for proactive engagement to minimize fire fighting.
Describe any additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English and Mandarin
- Experience in leading projects and delivering tangible results
- Experience in supervising, coaching and developing people
- Ability in negotiation and influencing
- Experience in healthcare would be a plus
Johnson & Johnson Medical Shanghai Ltd. (7055)