Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets with worldwide sales of $76.5Bn in 2017.
We have over 275 operating companies, across 60 countries and have approximately 280 thousand employees worldwide. Our head office is based in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
This role is an integral part of the Tax Center for Japan which was established in the country, cross sector in August 2017. The Tax Center is responsible for the corporate tax compliance (both direct and indirect) and US tax legal reporting as well as statutory reporting for all Johnson & Johnson legal entities in Japan.
• Directly reports to Tax Manager
• Work closely with Business Unit Finance in one of four sectors (Medical Device,
Pharmaceutical, Visioncare and Consumer), Local/Regional Global Services and Business Support Center of Excellence within each business sector.
• Provides leadership of cross sector Tax Center in delivering tax and statutory support
across Johnson & Johnson Companies in Japan.
• Preparation of annual tax returns for the Johnson & Johnson legal entities in Japan
within stipulated timelines.
• Preparation of tax and statutory reports, statutory accounts from general ledgers, including all disclosure notes, liaison with external auditors and ensuring submission within statutory timelines.
• Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with Global Services and US Global tax team, making sure deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained
• Timely and accurate filing of Consumption tax
• Tax accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
• Ensure compliant to SOX and other internal controls.
• Support in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
• Provide internal tax & accounting advisory services and support business operation
• Maintain appropriate local transfer pricing documentation and operation.
• Deal with external tax authorities and consultants.
• Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Business Unit Finance, Global
Services and other stakeholders.
Assignment and Planning of Work
• Much of the work is providing advice and support to Johnson & Johnson legal entities in Japan, working within their timetables and both internal and external reporting deadlines.
• There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines and reporting requirements to peers in the Johnson & Johnson legal entities in Japan. Therefore an ability to balance conflicting priorities is important.
• There will be extra demands around the quarterly and year-end reporting deadlines as
well as US tax reporting deadlines.
• Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with
changing legislation and accounting developments.
Other Working Relationships
•Develop close working relationship with relevant stakeholders (Finance Directors, local and regional finance organizations, Tax Center peers in ASPAC, etc).
•Interaction with external auditors and local tax authorities
•Interaction with the Johnson & Johnson Global tax team in the US and in the ASPAC
•Interaction with other business and finance colleagues across the region and worldwide as and when required, 資格
e.g. Tax Planning, Payroll, HR, Legal, Supply Chain.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience / Skills required
• Accountancy qualification (Certified Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA, US CPA is a plus)
• Has at least 7 years of professional experience in tax and/or finance.
• Experience at a multinational corporation is a plus.
• Ability to deliver results under pressure.
• Strong communication skills in both Japanese/English
• Analytical and attention to detail.
• Team player.
• Ability to communicate complex issues to non-finance professionals and to make recommendations.プライマリ場所
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)ジョブ