Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Site Manager
Requisition ID: 1805637288W
Who is Janssen? We’re more than 30,000 people working hard to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. From heart disease to HIV, Alzheimer’s disease to cancer, we are committed to issues that touch everyone’s lives. Our mission is to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are managed, interpreted, and prevented. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry together to think differently about diseases. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health.
We are looking at a future where the world of healthcare will be challenged by informed and empowered patients. We work for change that will improve access to medicines: the best available treatment at an affordable price. That’s why we at Janssen strive to provide access to effective and affordable medicines and related healthcare services to the people who need them.
A Site Manager is the person in Trial Co-ordination and Site Management that serves as primary contact point between the sponsor and the investigational site. A Site Manager is assigned to trial sites ensuring inspection readiness through compliance with the clinical research protocol, company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), codes of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), applicable regulations and guidelines from start-up through data-base lock. Responsibilities include site selection, pre trial assessment, subject recruitment and retention planning, site initiation, monitoring and close-out. Partner with the CTA/IDA, LTM and GTM to ensure overall site management while performing trial related activities for assigned protocols. Contribute to process improvement, training and mentoring of other Site Managers.
1. Participates in site feasibility and/or pre-trial site assessment visits, providing recommendation from local area about site/investigator selection in collaboration with the trial team
2. Acts as primary local company contact for assigned sites for specific trials.
3. Attends/participates in investigator meetings as needed.
4. Responsible for executing activities within site initiation and start-up, site monitoring, site management and site/study close-out according to internal SOPs/WIs/IFUs and policies.
5. Ensures site staff are trained and the corresponding training records are complete and accurate at any time point during all trial phases
6. Contributes to site level recruitment strategy and contingency planning and implementation in partnership with other functional areas to achieve clinical research target.
7. Ensures site study supplies (such as Non-IP, lab kits, etc.) are adequate for trial conduct.
8. Ensures that clinical drug supplies are appropriately used, handled and stored and returns are accurately inventoried and documented.
9. Arranges the appropriate destruction of clinical supplies
10. Ensures site staff complete the data entry and resolve queries within expected timelines.
11. Ensures accuracy, validity and completeness of data collected at trial sites
12. Ensures that all AEs/SAEs/PQCs are reported within the required reporting timelines and documented as appropriate. For AEs/SAEs, ensures that they are consistent with all data collected and with the information in the source documents.
13. Maintains complete, accurate and timely data and essential documents in systems utilized for trial management (e.g. CTMS, eTMF/IF, Trial Master Source and Sharepoints.
14. Fully documents trial related activities in particular monitoring. Writes visit reports and uploads into eTMF within 5 working days for review and approval. Complete follow-up letter to communicate relevant information and required corrective action to the investigator and his/her team with 15 working days. Promptly communicates relevant status information and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
15. Follows the corresponding Monitoring Guidelines for each assigned trial.
16. Reviews TCF for completeness and ensures archiving retention requirements, including storage in a secure area at all times.
17. Collaborates with LTM for documenting and communicating site/study progress and issues to trial central team.
18. Attends regularly scheduled team meetings and trainings.
19. Complies with relevant training requirements. Act as local expert in assigned protocols. Develop therapeutic knowledge sufficient to support roles and responsibilities.
20. Works closely with LTM to ensure CAPA is completed for QA site audits and for quality issues identified at the site during routine monitoring and other visit types, e.g…,OSQMV.
21. Prepares trial sites for close out, conduct final close out visit.
22. Negotiates investigator budgets at site level, if applicable.
23. Tracks costs at site level and ensure payments are made, if applicable.
24. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular investigators, trial coordinators and other site staff.
25. May participate in the HA and IEC/IRB submission and notification processes as required/appropriate.
26. Act as a point of contact in site management practices.
27. Acts as an expert in site management practices.
28. Usually assigned as a coach and mentor to less experienced site managers.
29. Contributes to process improvement and training.
30. Leads and/or participates in special initiatives as assigned.
31. May assume additional responsibilities or special initiatives such as “Champion” or “Therapeutic Area Expert”.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required. A degree in a health or science related field is preferred. A minimum of 6 years of clinical trial monitoring experience is preferred.
Specific therapeutic area experience may be required depending on the position.
Strong working knowledge of ICH-GCP, company standard operating procedures, local laws and regulations, assigned protocols and associated protocol specific procedures including monitoring guidelines.
Strong IT skills in appropriate software and company systems. Willingness to travel with occasional overnight stay away from home.
Proficient in speaking and writing the country language and English. Good written and oral communication skills.
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Clinical Trial Administration