Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer - Fixed Term until June 2019
Sunbury on Thames, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805635899W
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer – Fixed term until June 2019
Based in Sunbury
Are you ready for that next step in your career and want to take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products and related services?
Vision Care, the contact lens division of Johnson & Johnson, is well established as the world-leading manufacturer of contact lenses and continues to experience rapid growth. This progressive and innovative company includes among its’ brands the No 1 selling brand of lenses, Acuvue®, which is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team to drive a very important innovative project.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to progress their career within a technical field of experts and suppliers. You will be responsible for the overall quality leadership in the management of third party logistics suppliers (3PLs) and co-packers.
What you’re great at:
You will have a strong engineering focus and be able to work effectively across many different functions internally and externally which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs. You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
Continuous improvement will be at the heart of your decision making, looking for areas in which we can create efficiencies through better working practices to deliver enhanced compliance. You'll conduct day-to-day and strategic activities in supplier lifecycle management, meaning you will be great at establishing clear expectations and collaborating with internal and external partners leading to consistent, reliable processes and services.
As a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Execute and document supplier non-conformances, Supplier Corrective Action Requests and Corrective and Preventive Actions and report on these metrics at Quality System management reviews.
• Provide product disposition and destruction authorizations.
• Define and lead actions related to Supplier change requests.
• Lead and support supplier assessments and supplier audits for compliance to regulations, agreements, standards and documented processes.
• Guide the development of, and improve comprehensive measurement systems for 3PL/ co-packer quality performance.
• Lead the transfer and qualification of established distribution and repack/ relabel processes to new suppliers.
• Ensure systems to measure, assess risk and escalate quality events. Manage quality events to identify, bracket, correct, control and prevent defects.
• Lead and document internal supplier quality procedure change efforts.
• Provide guidance and leadership based on industry and process excellence standards at expert level, including good distribution practices (GDP), international organization for standardization (ISO) and country/governmental regulations (EU MDD/ MDR and ISO 13485 regulations/ standards will be the focus).
• Lead and participate in quality system improvement initiatives.
• Establish and provide relevant information detailed in supplier quality agreements and supplier change agreements.
• Lead and document Supplier audits.
You will be degree qualified, preferably a science degree, with experience of working in a regulated environment. This role will be working closely with our partners in Germany therefore you will need to be fluent in German both written and spoken.
You will also have:
• Exceptional communication skills to allow you to work effectively across various levels and teams
• A passion for continuous improvement
• Experience with distribution processes including, but not limited to, repackaging and relabeling, product quarantine, expiry management and product traceability.
• Lead Auditor training
It would be a distinct advantage if you had experience of distribution/ warehousing processes and systems and were Six Sigma, Lean, or ASQ Certification trained. It would also be preferred if you were knowledgeable in ISO and EU MDD/ MDR regulations and have experience of Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP) and Computer Systems Validation (CSV).
To be a success in this role you will be proactive, independent and committed, with a can do attitude which will enable you to build effective relationships and networks locally/regionally. You will be able to make complex issues clear and transparent and be a strong problem solver.
If you are ready for your career to excel to the next level then this is one in a life time chance to join the world’s leading health care provider.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 28th MARCH 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
United Kingdom-England-Sunbury on Thames
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)