Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Deputy Sales Account Manager
Requisition ID: 1805635861W
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Reports to (Title): Regional Sales Manager
Achieves/exceeds sales targets for the Franchise within a designated territory, and in a manner, consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals. The Individual Contributor is responsible for closing the sale and positively impacting customer's satisfaction. Has thorough knowledge of the products responsible, and maintains a good understanding of customers’ needs, as well as competitive developments in the market place. Develops long-term positive customer relationships, building loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier.
- Sell franchise products within a territory
- Provide weekly and monthly sales action plan to manager, reflecting the activities required in each account to achieve sales objectives
- Analyze sales reports to identify opportunities, recognize routine problems; analyze causes and recommend solutions
- Able to negotiate and close sales in routine situations, and with guidance when handling more complex deals
- Participate in Trade Displays and Conference when required
- Develop understanding of customer needs to identify sales opportunities
- Identify tender/contract opportunities and work with colleagues to deliver
- With guidance, develop an effective and efficient territory plan
- Work with retailers and ensure that they are brand ambassadors for our products
- Identify and train surgeons on new technologies and solutions through consult-in-surgery, one-on-one sales calls, one-to-many training sessions
- Work with manager to identify customer in-service needs to support customer delivered healthcare services and use of products efficiently and effectively
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers
- With assistance, co-ordinate and deliver in-services education sessions
- Advise marketing on customer's in-service education resource needs
- With guidance, prepare a plan to optimize key account development and sales growth
- Identify and document key customers and decision makers
- Be aware of Key Account strategies for growth
- Identify and optimize cross selling opportunities and work with managers/colleagues to realize these
- Provide customer support on inventory, within company guideline
- Develop understanding and continually enhance personal understanding of product's features, benefits, correct product application and usage and anatomy, physiology and medical procedure knowledge, through practical experience, training programs, and learning from key end-users
- Able to demonstrate application/usage of products and differentiate them from competitor's products
- Develop understanding of competitive products, their features-advantages-benefits
- Gather information on current practices, behaviors and attitudes
- Vigilantly obtain usage data of all trained surgeons and monitor adoption
- Develop/implement distribution network for assigned territory
- Ensure distributor health is as per agreed guidelines
Expense, Equipment and Samples
- Judiciously manage AR, operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Seek prior approval for budget variations
- Work within sample issue and co-ordination guidelines
- Agree expense budget/guidelines with immediate Manager
- Plan sample and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Effectively apply new learning on the job.
- Maintain a responsible and ethical approach while actively pursuing business outcomes
- Conduct business within ethics and values expressed in Credo
- Relationship with customers based on high ethical standards
- Science Graduates, MBA’s preferred
- A minimum of 8+ and up to 12 years of sales experience from medical devices industry.
- Candidates with B2B / B2C healthcare sales experience preferred.
- Candidates with Trauma OR Orthopaedic product selling experience preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)