Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Medical Affairs Director, Hematology
Beijing, China; Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 1805635747W
Overall purpose of job:
Maximize the value of Janssen products to Chinese patients and health care professional within Janssen’s vision and mission. Develop China medical development and life-cycle management strategy for inline products and pipeline within Janssen China business objectives and strategy. Provide state of the art medical and clinical development expertise to drive Janssen clinical trials. Establish platform and channel with China academic organization in hematology therapeutic area to delivery Janssen products message to key influencers and stakeholders. Design and execute medical projects aligning with Janssen China business strategies and policies. Coach and enhance team members’ leadership skills and scientific and medical capabilities. Continuously optimize Therapeutic Area Physician(TAP) and Professional Education(PE) working model, and improve MAF competency in collection of gaps and HCP insights, as well as scientific communication and information exchange. Establish close collaboration with cross functional teams, including marketing, business development, finance, supply chain, PDMS, regulatory affairs. Ensure funding for approved MA projects and oversee the budget planning and expensing process as well as project management. Ensure high quality medical review and approval of promotional materials that meet regulatory and company standards. Maintain connectivity with global and AP teams (MA and CD). Responsible for oversight of SOP impact assessment, the implementation of RMP as well as CAPA and CARMA action plans.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Direct management of Medical Affairs Hematology team, including oversight and accountability for overall medical strategy; study design & execution, educational program design and execution, key medical message communication and KOL engagement
· Building of a complex web of professional and scientific related interactions with both internal and external stakeholders, including physicians, KOLs, BU partners, industry organizations to ensure making of solid medical strategy in local data generation, medical education and commercial support, and keeping aligned to business priorities and objectives.
· Building XJP’s reputation via development and implementation of high-quality professional medical education programs.
· Interpretation of clinical safety and efficacy data; key liaison with internal marketing and R&D colleague, regulatory agencies, and external opinion leaders.
· Defining and validating the medical and scientific content of information provided to the medical fraternity with the aim of maximizing their scientific and commercial impact.
· Medical review and provision of medical and professional inputs to licensing deals, safety issues, business plans, compound strategies etc.
· Ensuring compliance with global Johnson & Johnson/FDA healthcare guidelines as well as both global and local safety responsibilities.
· Managing budgets for Clinical studies, Medical Education & Medical Affairs events. Determine and monitor timelines and manage projects to conclusion and implementation.
· Responsibility for developing successful, collaborative relationships with the Global TAs and relevant functions.
· Building efficient organization structure, lead and manage Medical team for both MA, PE through providing training, supporting and coaching. Identify and develop key talents for the team growing.
· Developing and optimizing the working model of medical function with MA, PE in effective and efficient way.
· Be responsible for oversight of the implementation of RMPs as well as CAPA & CARMA action plans.
Essential knowledge and skills:
⦁ In depth understanding of hematology therapeutic area.
⦁ Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and Chinese
⦁ Track record in leading and developing leaders. Strong leadership, motivated to develop, guide and reward high performance teams
⦁ Proven skills at developing and managing varied relationships within and outside the company.
⦁ High customer and external industry insight
⦁ Very strong and demonstrable presentation, communication and influencing skills that can impact at all levels.
⦁ Excellent organisational skills
⦁ Good project management, time-management skills
⦁ Adherence to Johnson & Johnson Credo and have the right compliance mind-set
Core competencies required for this role:
⦁ Advanced degree (MD, PhD) with relevant therapeutic specialty (hematology/oncology) in an academic or hospital environment required.
⦁ Relevant therapeutic area (hematology or oncology) clinical experience and Medical Affairs in an academic, hospital or pharma environment required.
⦁ Typical 8+ years of medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
⦁ At least 5 years’ experience on people management
⦁ A good understanding of the varying medical and marketing practices and perspectives across China, regional and overseas experience is a plus
Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (7043)