Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director External Manufacturing & Supplier Quality
Requisition ID: 1805634095W
JNJ Vision Limerick are now recruiting for an exciting new opportunity for a Director External Manufacturing & Supplier Quality to join the Supply Chain Centre based in Limerick, Ireland.
This opportunity represents significant growth, development & commitment from JNJ to the Supply Chain Organization. The successful candidate will report into the Senior Director External Manufacturing & Supplier Quality.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) manufactures ACUVUE® brand contact lenses, the world's first soft disposable contact lens, and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. JJVC is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
The Director, External Manufacturing & Supplier Quality is responsible for the leadership of the Supplier Quality function within J&J Vision, including the oversight of External Manufacturers of finished product, suppliers of materials / services used by internal production facilities, and the overall planning and execution of JJV’s Purchasing Controls QMS.
This position is responsible for the implementation of global external supply quality systems policies and strategies that align with the Vision business (JJVC and JJSV) and overall Johnson & Johnson Quality and Compliance strategies.
• Participating as an autonomous & authoritive leader / decision maker within the Limerick Supply Chain Center, designing and executing appropriate substantive controls within the Product principle accounting model (PAM).
• Leads mitigation of key supply chain issues/risks (supplier related) to improve and increase supplier reliability & performance. Develops component supplier and external manufacturing quality and compliance capabilities.
• Leads supplier selection and qualification activities, ensuring suppliers / external operations meet J&J Vision quality and regulatory requirements.
• Executes & improves the Purchasing Controls / Quality Management Systems, including but not limited to Supplier: Change Control, Qualifications, the Approved Supplier List, NC/CAPA, Quality Agreements, Supplier & QMS Performance Monitoring, and FG/RM specification development.
• Implements and improves systems, policies and procedures for the identification, estimation, evaluation and reduction of supplier and supply chain risks associated with our products and services.
• Provides guidance and support to project teams and affiliates regarding outsourced activities. Influencing business partners / project teams to continuously comply with purchasing procedures.
• Partners with other members of the supply chain organization to promote new product introductions and ensure continuity between R&D and commercial supplier and/or external manufacturing projects.
• Responsible for compliance in accordance with regulations such as, but not limited to, FDA Quality System Regulation 21 CFR Parts 820; ISO 13485, FDA Combo Regulation 21 CFR Part 4; Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation 21 CFR 210/211 as applicable.
• Develops and deploys strategy for talent attraction, development and retention to enhance the talent pipeline. Champions cross-franchise and sector assignments to foster global leadership development.
• Apply Operations process knowledge relating to product quality and process performance. Ability to understand and match the business needs with the capabilities of suppliers and external manufacturers. Ensures that the strategies and goals are integrated in a cost effective and productive manner.
Quality Leadership Development Common Skills:
• Influencing & Interdependent Partnering - Manages relationships externally and internally for functional area. Leads and influences a team across multiple sites and cultures, ensuring team continuity in vision and execution. Builds cross-functional and cross-departmental support, ensuring Sr. stakeholders per site are aware of key risk, projects, staff objectives, etc.
Mentors and facilitates successful team behavior within and across functional area and typically serves in a project leadership role. Fosters overall group effectiveness.
• Organizational & People Development - Holds people accountable for measurable results. Provides coaching, useful feedback, and direction to direct reports/teams. Ensures and measure improvement for development of staff. Identifies high potential candidates. Fosters harmony within functional and other areas. Promotes the business value of diverse perspectives. Influences and persuades to bring about process and technical improvements.
• Masters Complexity - Defines complex issues; recommends and guides implementation of functional strategies; manages departmental/projects and day-to-day operations within area of responsibility. Spokesperson for functional area. Technical expert for functional area; makes the complex clear and compelling; conceptual knowledge of all responsible functions and business areas. Represents the department/project in providing solutions to difficult technical issues.
• Customer Focus & Innovation - Develops and implements functional area initiatives to deliver customer value at lowest cost. Resolves and manages technical and tactical operational problems. Establishes key operating practices for department/project and functional area, ensuring cross-functional synergy. Drives innovation within functional area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the planning, execution, and improvement of J&J Vision’s Purchasing Controls Quality Management Systems, and ensures implementation of supply quality systems strategies.
• Implements strategies, procedures, and tactical engagements for the identification, and mitigation / reduction of supply chain and supplier risks.
• Responsible for the continuous performance monitoring of JJV’s suppliers and purchasing systems. Establishes and or fulfills, and monitors related metrics. Focuses on performance improvements as needed and executes clear communications to ensure stakeholder awareness.
• Attracts, manages, and develops external manufacturing and supplier quality team members, fostering leadership and skills development within the SQ and broader Quality organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of Quality experience in a regulated environment is required. Leadership and QMS systems ownership preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years Quality management required, with QMS systems ownership preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)