Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Medical Writing
Requisition ID: 1805633901W
- Manages a staff of medical writers in the preparation of clinical documents. Performs people management tasks such as performance management and career development. May manage complex human resource situations and contributes to succession planning.
- Trains and coaches writers to take a proactive or lead role for document content and scientific collaboration, as well as in functional area expertise. Trains and coaches writers on process improvements, efficiencies, and best practices, on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures scientific integrity and consistency in message across documents within a given program.
- Oversees the preparation and finalization of basic and complex clinical documents with a high level of independence; includes hands-on preparation and finalization as well. Takes a strategic role in positioning content in submission-level or publication-related documents.
– Documents must be of high quality in terms of scientific content, as well as organization per regulatory and internal guidances, clarity, and accuracy, with attention to format and consistency.
– Documents must be prepared within established timelines and in accordance with internal processes. – Document content must adhere to regulatory guidelines, or journal/authorship requirements and ethical publishing standards, as applicable; internal guidelines and styles; and electronic standards and guidelines.
- Takes a highly proactive or lead role in terms of content, engages in scientific collaboration, and trains/coaches others to do the same. Leads submissionlevel, strategic, tactical, or publication-related activities for writing team. Trains writers in terms of functional area expertise.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment, and takes a proactive role on multiple assigned projects with respect to timing, scheduling, tracking, and publication strategy as appropriate. Coaches others to do the same. Ensures consistency across documents for a given submission or product-specific publication.
- A PhD or equivalent in one of the biological sciences with 9 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience is required, or an MS or other advanced degree with 10-12 years relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience. A BS/BA degree may be considered with 11-13 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience.
- Experience in allocating and managing resources.
- Project leadership experience.
- Two years of prior people management experience.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 5 years medical writing experience
- Experience managing external providers.
- Experience in collaborating with complex scientific concepts and people.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd A- Beijing Branch (7075)