Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805633846W
Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses: the world’s leading contact lens product. Our Limerick site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 900 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park, close to the University of Limerick. The facility opened with six production lines that manufactured one day disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have been on a continuous expansion and improvement path and now have over 37 advanced production lines, manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
As Production Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing processes by implementing all aspects of process improvement, equipment setup, testing, documentation, problem correction and related tooling.
Main areas of responsibility;
• Updates supervisor of work status or problems with recommendations for improvement or correction
• Assists in modifying procedures to improve equipment operation or processes
• Responds to basic system alarms and reset alarms as necessary
• Records assignments and prepares documentation concerning materials, parts used, concepts, designs, drawings and processes
• Conducts testing protocols and documents results
• Implements manufacturing phase-in of new products or product changes
• Identifies safety issues and provide support in their resolution
• Participates specialized studies or experiments as needed
Previous relevant experience in a production environment
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Flexible work ethic
• Attention to detail
Experience in dealing with any of the following:
• Pneumatic Systems
• Machine Automation
• Equipment Set up
• Pick and Place Machinery
experience in the following areas:
o Packaging / print equipment
o High volume manufacturing
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)