Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Medical Science Liaison Hematology (temporary)
Requisition ID: 1805633365W
‘Caring for the world, one
person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson.
We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Benelux is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for commercialization of the Janssen portfolio within the Benelux, and is active in 5 therapeutic areas: neuroscience, metabolic disorders, oncology, immunology and infectious diseases (HIV, HEP-C and TB). Janssen Benelux is committed to become the most trusted partner in healthcare by 2020. The offices of Janssen are in Beerse, Belgium.
As a Medical Scientific Liaison it is your role to be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patient treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of external clinical and non-clinical partners (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies). You will collaborate with the Medical Advisor in developing the country specific tactical plan and tools, to be included in the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area plan. Your role is field based in Belgium and Luxembourg.
You will report to the Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) of the therapeutic area Hematology Multiple Myeloma
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You stay on top of medical and scientific knowledge: Continuously update your knowledge of products, patient treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within Hematology and in the region. You identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications and you are a trusted scientific counterpart and a partner.
- You develop and maintain of a contact network with your external partners.
- You understand their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within Hematology; and you champion the medical value of our products.
- You build a partnership in development of new treatment paradigms.
- You develop, roll out, apply and maintain an external partner management plan.
- You communicate the value of company products.
- You represent the company to other therapeutic area partners including professional associations and patient organizations.
- You recognize and develop collaborative relationships with rising stars within the scientific community.
- You give external presentations on disease area, and products which contain off-label information.
- You communicate directly and actively scientific information on our products within the approved label.
- You communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information.
- You respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development
- You are responsible for the planning, organization and participation in Medical Education activities: Build medical education programs with scientific third parties.
- You organize and participate in Advisory Boards in collaboration with your manager and Medical Advisor; and you are a professional member of the Regional Account Team.
- You provide medical and product training and scientific support to internal partners in coordination with training departments.
- You contribute to regional account plans together with your colleagues Product Specialist and Key Account Manager for your region.
- You support Medical Affairs evidence-generating activities, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with other clinical research departments.
- You gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in Hematology and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan and support to translate into country specific tactics, in line with our Cluster Value Team and business plan.
- You increase medical value of our products, fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and commit to developing innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
Education, experience and competencies:
- Scientific degree: preferably Medical Doctor, pharmaceutical or other biomedical degree
- Preferably working experience within Medical Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry or equal relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Strategic thinking to promote growth, process improvement and gaining competitive advantage
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Show leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Business acumen: Awareness of business administration and translation into tactical plans and tools
- High customer focus with an understanding of the importance of business results and able to apply problem-solving strategies
- Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Being persistent and willing to make tough decisions
- Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guidelines
- Willing to comply with regulatory requirements and with company policy on business integrity
- Languages: Dutch, French, English: spoken, written
in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Cilag N.V./S.A. (7025)
Medical Science Liaison