Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shift Manager - Fixed Term until July 2019
Sunbury on Thames, United Kingdom
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 1805633020W
Shift Manager - Fixed Term Contract until July 2019
Are you ready for that next step in your career and want to take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products and related services?
Vision Care has an exciting opportunity for a talented Shift Manager ona fixed term contract based in Sunbury working a shift pattern Monday – Friday (including public holidays) 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm on a 2 weekly rota.
Vision Care, the contact lens division of Johnson & Johnson, is well established as the world-leading manufacturer of contact lenses and continues to experience rapid growth. This progressive and innovative company includes among its’ brands the No 1 selling brand of lenses, Acuvue®, which is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
The successful candidate will serve our external customers and affiliate companies in line with delivery and quality promises, ensuring that new product and services are available on time and within budget for the EMA group whilst maintaining a safe working environment through a robust Quality system (ISO13485) and adhering to and exceeding environmental legislation.
• Approximately, 4.5 million orders per year despatched across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• Inventory holds of 22,000 SKUs.
• 30-40 Operators within area of responsibility
• Weekly/Monthly budgetary requirements
What you’re great at:
You will be great at delivering results through your team in a fair and consistent manner. You will be a natural motivator that empowers your team to ensure zero late orders in line with our high level of Quality and Health & Safety Standards. You will have excellent communications and a natural flair for influencing across various levels within the organisation.
You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player. You will interact with various teams so collaboration will be key. Ideally if you have experience of managing a contingent workforce this would be a great advantage.
It goes without saying that you will work well under pressure and be able to make data driven decisions.
As a Shift Manager, your typical day may include:
• Accountable for ensuring zero late orders from area of assigned responsibility. (All orders delivered on time and accurate). Proactive in problem resolution towards ensuring zero late goal achieved.
• Accountable for ensuring Zero LWDC/Recordable and proactively fostering a culture within the team area to one of an organisation where everyone is accountable for safety.
• Accountable for ensuring Zero non –conformances identified during Compliance Audit. Being accountable for ensuring systems in place and maintained to ensure all operators compliant to regulatory standards.
• Accountable for tracking quality exiting area and putting sustainable plans in place to address.
• Accountable for ensuring housekeeping within area is maintained at all times
• Take a lead role in preparation of area/operations for an external audit.
• Accountable for achieving the above deliverables within the Budgetary requirements
• Plan ahead with view to continued productivity improvements.
To be part of this high performance team you will have strong leadership, motivational, influencing and people development skills preferably with a medical device environment. You will have a strong customer focus and an intuitive understanding of the customers’ needs.
o Experienced in operations improvement techniques with a proven track record of success would be advantageous.
o An analytical mind capable of solving problems quickly and effectively.
o Ability to manage multiple co-incidental tasks to tight deadlines.
o Experienced in the application of performance measurement and management.
o Able to identify risk areas and proactively implement contingency programmes.
o Positive, proactive attitude to safety at work.
o Preferably educated to degree standard in a relevant discipline.
o Experience of leading contingent workers would be desirable.
o Preferable – SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
o Preferable - Experience working across shifts earlies and lates.
To be a success in this role you will be passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can do attitude which will enable you to build effective relationships and networks locally/globally.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
Within Vision Care we are always looking for future leaders so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. We will support you to develop both technically and personally.
This is a growing business that like to develop their staff and shape the way we work in the future. If you are ready for your career to excel to the next level then this is one in a life time chance to join the world’s leading health care provider.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 19th March 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
United Kingdom-England-Sunbury on Thames
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)
Materials Management & Distribution