Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
(Senior) Data Manager / Bioinformatician
Requisition ID: 1805632777W
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) is a unique enterprise R&D group aligned with global commercial expertise and focused on the discovery, development and delivery of disruptive products/technologies, business models and partnerships to advance the elimination of disease(s).
The WWDA brings together distinct enabling capabilities in areas including the microbiome, immunosciences, predictive analytics and behavioral science to seed transformative growth opportunities and catalyze a paradigm shift in prevention, interception and cure strategies and solutions.
The data manager / bioinformatician is responsible for managing of all data deliverables and serves as the single point of contact for Data Management activities. The data manager designs, models, tests, implements, maintains and controls the databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environment. The data manager is responsible for the collaboration with internal cross-functional teams, third party vendors, external service providers on Data Integration of multiple data streams as well as the data transfer between collaborators like CRO’s.
Within WWDA the data manager is also responsible for the data transfer from laboratories to the central data repository, all according to procedures and in close agreement with IT-support.
The data manager is also expected to support/perform epigenetic data analysis (bioinformatics) tasks and set-up reusable analytical workflows.
- Recommends new technology and business changes.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Monitors and reviews work product and ensures that any needed corrections are made.
- Leads the design, modeling, test, implementation, maintenance and control of database systems across multiple platforms, technologies;
- Organizes and performs data transfers from external partners to WWDA or to cohort collaborators;
- Prepares and recodes datasets for statistical analysis in alignment with stats team;
- Reviews for proper definition, control and coordination of data elements and standards, and ensures successful development of efficient data relationships, systems;
- Recommends improvement to database management policies and standards for efficient quality control and data administration;
- Designs and operates client-server database performance monitoring software, and utilize hardware, software and manual procedures for the verification of database systems;
- Oversees database system(s) operation. Ensures the efficient implementation and modification of database systems and resolves problems with database systems and applications;
- Develops, implements and tests database disaster recovery plan.
- Develops and controls data security and integrity including procedures for recovery and backup.
· MSc’s degree (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of experience;
· Expert in data management within the field of clinical/biological (epigenetic) data according to applicable standards, guidelines and procedures;
· Experience in 22CFRpart11 compliant LIMS and Data Collection & Reporting Software;
· Good leadership skills to interface and cooperate with internal and external resources ensuring that company requirements are met;
· Project Management within Data Management;
· Bioinformatics skills with emphasis on large epigenetic (high-throughput microRNA and DNA methylation) data analysis
· Appropriate software knowledge and skills in programming languages (SAS, SQL, R, etc.);
· Knowledge and understanding of laboratory technology and results including Quality Control checks.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)