Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical R&D Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805631984W
Position Title: Field Clinical Engineer
Department: R&D Engineering
Report to: Clinical Development Manager
Travel Requirement: Up to 80%
Stroke is one of the leading causes of death and disability, with 15 million cases worldwide every year. In collaboration with international researchers and clinicians, CERENOVUS seeks to develop new understanding that will drive innovative solutions to treat this challenging and devastating disease. CERENOVUS will develop products under their large IP portfolio, and the company is poised to take a leadership position in stroke therapy.
Inspired by extensive studies into the properties and behavior of clot, and detailed modelling of the challenging anatomy of the cerebral vasculature, CERENOVUS created a new device platform which entraps clot in a different manner than other devices. The company’s EmboTrapII thrombectomy device is CE approved, was launched in Europe in early 2015 with great success, and having successfully finished enrolling the US pivotal trial, US approval is anticipated in the months ahead.
We are currently looking for a Field Clinical Engineer to join our team. This position will form a vital bridge between the company’s clinical and technical research program and physicians in field, through training, workshops, liaising with 3rd party research groups, presentations, meetings and collaborations with various professional societies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Delivery of technical/clinical training to physicians both in CERENOVUS and onsite in hospitals.
· Gather feedback and clinical information from the field and input to R&D.
· Develop and leverage physician relationships.
· Plan, prepare and execute/support clot related research activities.
· Development of training materials through presentations, videos, or other media.
· Co-author publications and generate data to support publications.
Behaviors & Skills required include:
· Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills are essential.
· Technically competent and confident, and able to engage peer to peer with both R&D engineers and physicians.
· Must be available to travel mostly within the EMEA territories, as extensive time in the field is a key part of this role.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Engineering or relevant Science discipline with a PhD, and at least 3 years’ experience in a medical device industry or similar environment is desired.
Up to 80%
Neuravi Ltd. (8191)
R&D Engineering (R&D)