Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Accountant, General Accounting
Requisition ID: 1805631366W
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for the preparation of all statutory books in compliance with local country statutory requirements
- Check that all entries are in line with the Local GAAP and maintain the local chart of accounts
- Analyze all accounts and prepare monthly and year-end entries for statutory requirements as appropriate.
- Prepare reconciliations for fiscal purposes; keep updated local fixed assets register.
- Prepare reconciliation between local GAAP and US GAAP sets of books
- Prepare statutory books and annual reports for the assigned entities
- Liaison with external parties like external auditors, tax agents, local tax and government authorities where required.
- Prepare Statistical & ad hoc information required
2) Preparation of US GAAP accounts and month end close.
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close and monthly corporate reporting.
- Preparation and posting of US GAAP journals
- Preparation of the monthly US GAAP accounts
- Account Reconciliations including Intercompany & Banks
- Carry out month end review of cost centres to ensure accuracy & correctness of month end accounts.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and review
- Perform inter-company reconciliations at month end – Inventory and Non Inventory.
- US Corporate monthly & quarterly package
3) Ensure compliance with GST, tax and fiscal requirements:
- Prepare/ Review and submit GST returns, prepare payments, print mandatory books
- Work with the local accounting support to ensure the integrity of the GST records.
- Responsible for calculation of income taxes and A8 form preparation.
- Reconcile the GST book with monthly tax filing document submitted to tax authorities
- Preparation of deferred tax statements
- Perform all monthly intercompany cross charges & ensure supporting backup is in place & invoices are generated for all charges.
- Ensure all inter-company agreements are in place to support transfer pricing requirements
4) Prepare all the info requested by internal and external Auditors.
- Compile information packs required for US GAAP & local audit process.
- Compile Tax pack information in order to allow Tax provisions to be completed in accordance with local requirements.
- Represent AMO at audit meetings & in dealing with any ad-hoc requests that may be required.
- Ensure efficiency & timeliness in the provision of any information to the outsourcing company, if relevant.
- Prepare information for & co-ordinate with outsourcing arrangements in respect of local external audits.
5) Ensure the integrity of internal financial controls, and perform other compliance initiatives
- Co-ordinates with the accounts payable, accounts receivable and business units
- Ensures that good accounting practices (e.g. US & Local GAAP) and corporate finance policies are followed.
- Conduct regular internal control audits.
- Assist in information gathering for both fiscal & GST compliance, including review of current T&E system, GL account usage and GST codes.
- Participate in Internal Audit review of the application of rules and guidelines within AMO and participate in identifying key solutions & changes required.
- Ensuring information collation & outcomes are clearly structured.
- Cross-functional reviews & retraining where required
6) Develop & Maintain Good working relationships within Shared Services Centre and local Management
- Develop & maintain good working relationships within the Shared Services Centre & local markets to ensure optimum business performance.
- Conduct regular meetings in country with local management.
- Liaison with local management and review market issues arising which may have an impact on the financials.
- Present financial information and accounts to local management with supporting information and analysis to enable them to approve and sign the financials.
- Prepare adhoc reports for local management as required.
- Maintain and review the Service Level Agreement with the local market.
- Provide training and assistance on SAP system as required.
- Participate in cross-training for different markets/entities within the Shared Services Center to enable sufficient cover across the teams
- Cover for these markets/entities as necessary during the course of business
7) Projects and other Responsibilities
- Participate and assist in Shared Services Centre & worldwide accounting projects and other initiatives.
- Continue to strive for process improvements, standardization of procedures and implementation of best practice.
- Involvement in future business projects and integration of new business as required.
- Be subject matter experts on all Local GAAP Statutory and fiscal requirements processes.
- Document accounting processes and review teams documented processes
- Review process\procedures and provide guidance, training and suggestions to the teams
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 - 6 years experience working within a medium or large sized international company in the same position
- Strong knowledge of accounting and fiscal systems
- Experienced in preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and income tax returns for Singapore/Korea
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Local GAAP of APAC countries
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Must be fluent in English, other Asian language (Korean), a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities in English
- Work with internal and international team
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Reasonable skill level on Excel, Word & Outlook
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive nature
AMO Singapore Pte. Ltd. (8387)