Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805630799W
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Optical Scientist is a key addition to the intraocular lens research and development team. One of the main challenges in this role will be to apply your knowledge of visual optics to design and/or to optimize IOL design and assess specific patient groups. Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of new concepts for unique medical devices from ideation to market phase
- Support and participate in design and development of new intraocular lenses and new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses.
- Develop test methods and validation systems to characterize new and existing intraocular lenses.
- Support requirements development, documentation of design, writing, and execution of protocols and reports.
- Stay current with the status of competitive products, with cutting-edge medical device industry and with technology trends to ensure innovative product design. Investigate and evaluate existing technologies.
- You will contribute to multi-disciplinary and international research teams and will be responsible for conducting independent research tasks with research institutes.
- BSc / MSc / PhD in optics, physics or vision science.
- Relevant experience in academia and/or industry.
- Proficient in optical design principles, using Zemax, OSLO or other design tools to design and simulate optical systems.
- Demonstrated research experience and interest in technology development.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, flexible, positive attitude individual with the initiative and drive for timely completion of goals.
- A true team player, the ability to work in a team environment.
AMO Groningen BV (8358)