Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA HTA and VAS Lead, HEMA UK/Ireland
Requisition ID: 1805630624W
Location : UK (Leeds or Wokingham based) – Mix Home/Office based
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers.
The proposed role comprises of both a geographic cluster responsibility and EMEA-wide HEMA strategy responsibility as a) HEMA lead for EMEA HTA and Value Added Services and b) lead for HEMA UK/Ireland. In this role, the individual will work in close collaboration with the leadership team in EMEA HEMA to lead the Great Britain/Ireland cluster within the region and ensure a full understanding of HTA policy implications in key EMEA countries (be critical partner with global HEMA, Medical, Regulatory & Clinical Leadership to drive the needed evidence generation to enable successful local market access). This role will also be critical for identifying opportunities for innovative solutions and the Health Economic evidence generation requirements for successful adoption of Value Added Solutions in EMEA
Within this context, the purpose of the role is to lead a Great Britain/Ireland geographic and HTA/ Value Added Services cluster team within the EMEA region, part of the Global HEMA Center of Excellence (COE).
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
LEAD EMEA HTA POLICY and VALUE ADDED SOLUTIONS (60%)
- Works with EMEA HEMA and Local Leadership team to identify opportunities and threats relating to HTA and reimbursement policy changes in EMEA and develop strategies to address them.
- Work with global partner (HEMA, Clinical, regulatory, marketing, Medical etc.) to drive evidence generation strategy for EMEA market access needs
- Leads a hub of expertise to enable national HTA and reimbursement submissions
- Partners with Government Affairs to drive the proposed HTA strategy and responses in EMEA
- Develops partnerships with HTA agencies, payers and other institutions which impact market access in EMEA
- Accountable for Health Economic input into novel, local commercial initiatives requiring substantiation of value including but not restricted to Value Based Procurement, Risk sharing agreements and pricing initiatives.
- Responsible for the health economic evidence generation strategy for value added solutions in EMEA.
Great Britain/Ireland HEMA LEAD (40%)
- Responsible for all funding and reimbursement activity in the cluster, including the development of HTA, reimbursement submissions, new code applications, providing local and cluster input into regional market access strategies for priority growth platforms
- Responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Health Economic and Market Access Manager(s) to support/execute the local Health Economics activities as part of the global/regional plan.
- Influence local HTA decisions through key strategic partnerships with KOLs, societies and non-clinical stakeholders, shaping the market access environment through engagement with local trade associations.
- Develop local and cluster Market Access plans, ensuring local business plans proactively address market access barriers in target accounts as defined in the local GTM strategy.
- Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation in close cooperation with EMEA partner.
- Responsible for the execution of Health Economic training activities internally and externally, providing the local context to regional training initiatives.
- Responsible for the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force.
- Accountable for local testing of HEMA tools to ensure local relevance and message acceptance by key stakeholders locally.
- Develops country payer advisory boards for non-clinical stakeholders and shares output regionally and globally.
- Responsible for local interrogation of databases (reimbursement and patient pathway) providing insights into local access planning and local real world evidence as a foundation to local Health Economic studies to drive growth.
- Identifies potential talent to feed into cluster and regional talent strategy and succession planning promoting high engagement, retention, career development and advancement.
- Responsible to ensure that all quality and compliance JNJ requirements are supported as required.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Understanding the internal and external environment – high level of expertise and ability to coach leveraging Macro, HTA and internal environments of the EMEA region
Applied skills and technical knowledge – Expert knowledge of Critical Analysis and Health Economics, theory, techniques and how to apply them
Persuasive communication – strong competence in negotiation skills and communication upstream and downstream. Expert in written communication and able to coach others
Funding acumen – Expert understanding of funding and reimbursment mechanisms in local geography and good understanding of cluster geography and applies expertise in developing appropriate market access strategy and appropriate HTA and market access strategy for the region
Strategic Thinking – applies expert geographic and policy knowledge to provide input into evidence generation and strategic planning for the specific geographic scope
Connect: Ability to connect and quickly establish meaningful relationships to develop deep insights and empathetic understanding of internal and external stakeholders
Shape: Translate insights into meaningful value for customers
Lead: Take ownership for HEMA talent pipeline development in EMEA and input into regional and global sucession planning
Deliver: Balance short term needs with longer term growth opportunities. Empower people to act with speed and agility.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven expertise in a) developing local market access strategies to drive business; b) in Health Technology Assessment and associated policy and c) driving evidence generation for product and solutions/services
- Deep understanding of health economics, formation of marketing solutions and application in HEMA and HTA strategy
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals, including remote and virtual direct and indirect reports
- Experience working successfully in matrix environments
- Track record of working effectively to shape the market and influence key decision makers
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters degree in Health Economics or equivalent (preferred)
- Medical Device experience, with high customer interaction
- Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics
- Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)
Health Economics R&D