Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, High Content Imaging and Screening
Requisition ID: 1805630534W
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting High content Imaging and Screening scientist in Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Scientist, High content imaging and screening will:
- Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Assist in the development, optimization and validation of in vitro models and their transfer to robotic systems for high throughput screening
- Develop innovative cell-based approaches to screening and hit triage using high-content imaging, cell culture and co-culture methods.
- Assist in development and testing automated procedures
- Act as a technical expert for the screening group
- Develop strategies to characterize hits and identify novel targets from phenotypic screens.
- Collaborate extensively with program teams and computational colleagues to analyze different types of assay data, and focus on the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
- Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
- Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
Prioritize work and manage a number of projects.
- A Ph.D in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with 2+ years of postdoctoral experience is required or a Master Degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Experience in designing and developing high-content cell-based screening assays, phenotypic assays, data analysis, QC and visualization is required.
- A demonstrated ability to apply novel approaches to understand biological pathways, as evidenced through peer-reviewed publications, is required.
- Significant experience using state-of the art cell-based assay development techniques is preferred.
- Familiarity with high content analysis software such as Columbus and Cell Profiler is preferred.
- Experience in moderate throughput screening (384/1536w format) is preferred.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)