Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Packaging Engineer CDD M/F
Requisition ID: 1805630111W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
For our Consumer Healthcare business, we are looking for a solution oriented Packaging Engineer to join our Global SMP Packaging team in Val-de-Reuil, France, for a 12 months fixed term contract.
The Packaging SMP Engineer is responsible for the execution of a secondary packaging cost savings initiatives.
As a Packaging Engineer you will lead multiple package cost saving projects and prioritize tasks based on timelines.
You will deliver effectively in a multi-functional team environment by working with R&D, Procurement, Quality, and material suppliers. In this position you will also collaborate with Manufacturing and Supply Chain for packaging related projects including line trials, production start-ups, cost savings, improving line efficiencies related to packaging as well as resolving documentation issues for specifications.
Challenging Status quo and bringing a fresh perspective on how to deliver projects and cost savings is encouraging.
1. Modification/improvement of packaging for existing products:
- Initiate and own documentation to track and follow the change
- Define the packaging qualification plan
- Analyse and validate packaging technical drawing
- Select appropriate materials
- Define and communicate packaging breakthroughs
- Initiate safety evaluations process, through proper communication to Packaging Material center
- Build Packaging component specifications and can validate
- Generate Packaging documentation for Product release
2. Artwork Management
- Provide the artwork agency with all technical specification for printing (die line, suppliers printing specs…)
- Make technical recommendation
- Participate to the artwork validation process
- Provide Quality with approved standards for incoming inspection
3. Management and supervision of the CAPA/investigation activities
- Build a project team and ensure the progress of each step
- Craft the document enabling to follow activities
- Support project with same process as described in mission 1
- Develop consumer understanding
- Meet suppliers to identify new ideas
What is needed to succeed :
B.S. Degree (Packaging Science, or engineeringequivalent)
First experience in packaging cost saving projects;
- Broad packaging component knowledge ideally in secondary packaging (labels/corrugated/foldingcarton);
- Understanding of package development process and engineeringprinciples;
- General understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging commitments to projectscheduling;
- Mustunderstandconsumer,business,andcategoryneedsandtherelationshiptopackagingdecisions& execution. An entrepreneurial mindset isbeneficial.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)