Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
R&D Senior Product Robustness Scientist F/M
Requisition ID: 1805629161W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Today, we are looking for a R&D Senior Product Robustness Scientist to join our Global Robustness - Product Design department based in Val-de-Reuil, France.
As R&D Senior Scientist Robustness you will support the development of new formulae or global chassis by supplying physical characterizations, Design of Experiment matrices, interpretations and recommendations. These critical assessments determine if a product matches a desired competitive a benchmark, will be successful when scaled up in a process, will successfully pass stability and, in some measures, will it meet consumer acceptable aesthetics.
You will help troubleshooting product issues under compressed timelines and deliver technical resolutions. You will seek and record issues that have lasting and significant impact on product development process. You will document specifications and testing procedures, results throughout product development cycle as directed.
Your scope will include the development of innovative models correlating physical measurement with stability as well as consumer perception; new technologies development and method creation.
You will act as a coach to regional Robustness super users supporting them to drive investigations or accelerate high priority business projects for their own department.
You will be responsible for local technicians to execute technical aspects of projects, report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams to implement projects.
You will work in a global team and collaborate with worldwide cross-functional teams.
- Model and method developments
- Superuser and technician guidance
- Report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams to implement projects
- Prepare technical protocols, reports, and memos
- Participate in multi-functional teams to investigate problems, implement resolution, and develop optimized processes
- A minimum of a degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related Scientific/Engineering discipline is required.
- Preferred PhD surface activity and/or solubility
- Experience in physical characterization is highly preferred (Rheology, tensiometry, particle size analysis). Tensiometry and Solubility area being the focal point
- Fluent English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- MS Office (Word and Excel) proficiency and solid presentation skills;
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment while being an individual contributor;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in formulation or manufacturing of consumer/pharmaceutical products is highly preferred.
- Experience with consumer products, such as skin care, skin cleansers, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or deodorant products is highly preferred.
- Ability to use statistical tools for Multivariate regressions, variance analysis, Design of experiments;
- Understanding of cGMPs and current FDA Compliance requirements;
- Problem Solving: Proactively seek solutions. Gather and analyze information systematically; Develop alternative solutions. Think analytically and act decisively. Work independently and with supervision.
- Master Complexity: Competently handle day-to-day work challenges. Thrive in uncertain circumstances. Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage multiple tasks and competing demands. Change approach or method to best fit the situation. Detail oriented and ability to work collaboratively across functional groups and handle multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Write clearly and informatively. Create documents that are complete and accurate. Strong interpersonal skills working with various teams on solutons.
- Commitment: Strive to attain quality results on time. Convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)