Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Privacy Manager, UK & Ireland
Requisition ID: 1805628302W
Senior Privacy Manager UK & Ireland
Location: J&J office UK (preferred) or Ireland
As the Senior Privacy Manager, UK & Ireland, you will lead and drive the implementation and management of the Johnson & Johnson Privacy compliance programme for UK and Ireland Pharmaceuticals, Consumer and Medical Device businesses and companies, as well as manufacturing, supply chain and R&D operations.
You will serve as a strategic partner for and provide specialist Privacy advice to all Johnson & Johnson business operations (and their supporting functions) across the UK & Ireland geography.
- Effectively aligns with key stakeholders in UK & Ireland to ensure personal information processing activities by all relevant local Johnson & Johnson companies and businesses comply with Johnson & Johnson Privacy principles and applicable Privacy laws and regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national regulations or applicable codes of conduct/guidance
- Ensures local oversight of Privacy programme. Advises senior management teams of their responsibilities and obligations and helps them to develop a culture of compliance
- Identifies Privacy risks and issues. Advises all staff where their activities put the company at risk and provides actionable solutions to remediate risks and issues
- Management and supervision of Privacy Specialist
- Participates in local company compliance committees (or similar governance structure), to highlight Privacy risks and status of Privacy programme deployment.
- Liaises with business process owners, to build understanding of Privacy risks related to their personal information processing activities and provides advice on how to mitigate these risks, by embedding Privacy into the design of business processes.
- Collaborates with J&J Technology (JJT) on compliance assessments and Internet compliance review processes.
- Plans and deploys a local Privacy programme, in terms of Policies and Procedures, Training and Communication, Testing and Monitoring, in accordance with the requirements set by J&J’s global Privacy Framework.
- Coordinates the roll out of Privacy training in accordance with agreed training plans in each relevant business operation. Develops local training content and awareness programmes for employees and contractors, where needed.
- Provides assistance to the Law Department and Procurement, if needed, with the insertion of adequate Privacy language into contracts with third party service providers.
- Assists business process owners with self-assessments.
- Serves as first point of contact for internal and external audits and inspections, requests for access and correction of personal information or complaints against the organisation.
- Manages local Privacy incident response process, in close collaboration with the Global Privacy Team, IT Security, Law Department and relevant business process owners.
- Coordinates execution of resulting remediation action plans.
- Assists the EU DPO with the fulfillment of legal obligations under GDPR, in particular:
- The up to date maintenance of internal records of processing, in accordance with GDPR art.30
- The execution of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), in accordance with GDPR art.35
- The notification of data breaches to the regulator, in accordance with J&J’s global incident response plan and breach notification process
- Builds and maintains knowledge about applicable local laws and regulations and assesses impact of changes in laws to local Privacy programme.
- Actively engages with the Global Privacy Team (and the EU DPO Team in particular) to ensure maximal alignment with global standards and practices.
- Management, supervision, coaching and development of Privacy Specialist.
Experience / Qualification / Skills
- Strong prior experience as Privacy/Data Protection officer in or advising on Privacy/Data Protection issues to major corporations
- Solid understanding of applicable European and local Privacy laws and regulations
- Experience of the roll out of global compliance programs
- Legal Qualifications
- Life Sciences company experience
- Prior experience of working in-house in a matrixed regulated global corporation
- IAPP certified
- Good working knowledge of common IT systems, processes and information security practices
Required skill set
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability when advising the business
- Demonstrable ability to engage with a range of business units and functions and uncover their objectives and needs
- Ability to translate a wide variety of principles and, sometimes complex, legal requirements into actionable solutions for the business
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Global mindset and preparedness to incorporate global standards and practices, for consistency and efficiency reasons
- Ability to work autonomously
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Health Care Compliance