Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Requisition ID: 1805628296W
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, molecular and cellular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies combined with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist in the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology group in Beerse, Belgium.
- You will be a key member of the cellular pharmacology team.
- Your responsibilities include the development and validation of flow cytometry and mass cytometry based studies for identification of novel targets and biomarkers as well as for evaluation of the mode of actions of small and large molecules.
- You will develop cell based assays to evaluate activity and selectivity of compounds for different therapeutic area programs.
- You will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, by interacting with several internal and external groups.
- You should demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines.
- A master’s degree with >6 years of lab experience or PhD in biology/biochemistry/ pharmacology/immunology
- Extensive hands-on experience in flow cytometry including design and validation of antibody panels, and experienced in cytometry data analysis
- Enforce correct use and maintenance of mass and flow cytometry equipment and reagents
- Experienced in primary blood cell isolation and functional characterization, and cellular assay development
- Capabilities in validation, quality control and experimental design using cellular and molecular biology techniques, Luminex or MSD analyses, ELISPOT assays, etc.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The candidate should be highly self-motivated and should work independently
- The candidate is expected to be able to critically analyze data; troubleshooting skills will be essential
- Well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Experience in software and programming to analyze high dimensional cytometry data
- Hands-on experience with mass cytometry and/ or cell sorting
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)