Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Gene Editing Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805627102W
The candidate will join the Functional Genomics Group, within Translational Platform department of Discovery Science, to develop and implement cutting-edge approaches using gene editing tools to support the identification of small and large molecule therapeutics for disease indications, including Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases. S/he will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, overlapping the different stages of the discovery pipeline, by interacting with several internal and external groups. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and has experience managing a team of associate level staff. Responsibilities for the candidate include, design and execution of cellular experiments and screens using shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules. The candidate is expected to be able to critically analyze their data and troubleshooting skills will be essential. S/he should demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines.
- Supervise and guide junior research associates and work study students
- Design and perform cellular and molecular experiments and assays.
- Ability to perform proper tissue culture is a must. Cellular and molecular biology techniques include: transfections, transductions, RNAi and CRISPR/Cas9, microscopy, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, RTQ-PCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation etc.
- Experience with pooled genome scale functional genomics screens in vitro or in vivo and cell line engineering is strongly desired.
- Interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data. Basic statistical knowledge is mandatory.
- Keep up-to-date on literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in her/his scientific field and related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable assay ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands
- Manage multiple experiments and projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners from all relevant functions and contribute to various projects within the organization
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner, both in writing and orally
- Present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Initiate and maintain external collaborations (e.g. with contract research organizations and academics)
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines.
Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Strong management skills and ability to interact with junior team members in constructive and productive ways
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Strong record of publications
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)