Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist Solid State Selection and Characterization
Requisition ID: 1805627010W
Pharmaceutical Sciences is a department in the Small Molecule Value Stream of Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS).
The department is responsible for:
- Developability assessment of Discovery portfolio leads
- Definition of the drug product trajectory
- Solid state form selection for the drug substance
- Particle Characterization
- Characterization of Drug Substance, Raw materials and Drug Product
- You will be a member of the ‘solid state selection and characterization’ group. You will drive solid state selection/characterization for a number of projects in our portfolio. You identify and mitigate risks/gaps related to the selected solid state form towards the formulation process. You make sure all needed documentation for filing/registration is available in a timely manner and is correct.
- You interact with internal stakeholders and work with them in cross-functional Drug Product Development, Analytical Development and Chemical Development teams.
- You provide guidance and support to the Crystallization Technology Unit in the development of crystallization processes.
- You design and set up form screens (polymorphs, salts and co-crystals) and experiments in order to understand relationships (conversion mechanisms) and stability of different polymorphic forms. You perform experimental work in the lab and steer work in this area with external partners. You also guide junior scientist in this area.
- You strengthen the group by building/expanding solid expertise in a number of analytical techniques (i.e., thermal analysis, spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, DVS) and develop a clear understanding on the relationship of crystallization processes on API properties. You collaborate with external partners (CRO’s, academia) to keep track of innovation in the field of these analytical techniques.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)