Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Maintenance Engineer I
Inverness, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805626604W
Facilities Maintenance Engineer – full continental shift pattern
LifeScan is a Johnson & Johnson company. LifeScan Scotland was created in 2001 when Johnson & Johnson acquired the UK assets of Inverness Medical Ltd, a medical device company established in Inverness in 1995 to design and manufacture glucose test strips, and design electronic meters for the global diabetes market.
With a focus on future development, LifeScan is committed to “creating a world without limits for people with diabetes.” Around 1,000 people are employed at the Inverness site, which is regarded as Johnson & Johnson’s centre of excellence for diabetes and self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG).
The team at LifeScan Scotland designs all the products in the OneTouch® Brand of blood glucose monitoring systems (meters, test strips, control solutions, lancing devices and diabetes management software). The OneTouch® brand has two product families – Ultra® products, made from carbon technology, and Verio® products, made form precious metals technology. LifeScan Scotland is the primary OneTouch® test strip manufacturer for the global market.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity for an electrically biased person who wants to progress their career within a global organisation. This is a real opportunity to be part of innovational transformation within our business.
What you’re great at:
You will be an experienced facilities engineer who will have a hands-on approach, ensuring installations, preventative maintenance, testing and repairs of plant and infrastructure are maintained to the highest standards in order to comply with current legislation and adherence to operational guidance and company policies.
You will excel at ensuring safety standards are met not only by the site but our external contractors. Continuous improvement and lean thinking will come natural to you in everything you deliver. It goes without saying that you will be a good team player who is great at communicating and working with external service suppliers.
As a Facilities Maintenance Engineer, your typical day may include:
Planned and Unplanned Maintenance for Facilities Equipment, including Environmental Controls:
• Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance activities on plant equipment, including HVAC, boilers, chillers, compressed air systems, electrical network and general building infrastructure
• Liaising with manufacturing staff to arrange downtime for any planned and unplanned maintenance on both plant equipment and general building infrastructure
• Assume responsibility for electrical distribution system within LifeScan ensuring schedules etc. are kept up to date
• Implement PM improvement programs in line with FM Team Lead
• Update documentation to support facilities modifications
• Liaise and control of contractors carrying out service routines and breakdowns
Engineering Improvement Projects:
• Provide support to project team regarding new installations and upgrades to existing plant equipment and general factory improvements
• Assist in development of new and existing team members including apprentices
To be part of this team, you will have significant facilities maintenance experience within a regulated environment and ideally you will be an experienced approved electrician who holds current SJIB card, 17th Edition and Inspection & Testing Qualification.
• Knowledge of facilities equipment and environmentally controlled HVAC Systems
• Knowledge of equipment and building management systems
• Able to fault find on PLC controlled systems
• Able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and general engineering drawings
• Low Voltage distribution systems including protection
It goes without saying that you will have a reactive/flexible approach to plant maintenance and breakdowns and able to work well as an individual or as part of a team in a pressure situation and always demonstrate good communications and reporting skills both verbal and written
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
We will also support you to develop both technically and personally in order to drive your career and also offer you a great compensation and benefits package. If you are ready to challenge yourself and learn new plant, share best practise and coach others then this is an exciting team to be part of.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 21st MAY 2018
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Lifescan Scotland Limited (form. Inverness Medical (7691)