Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805626446W
Position Title: EHS&S Specialist
Report to: EHS Manager
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS matters.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
· Ownership of the sites ISO14001 Management System and ensure that standards and procedures set within these systems are maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
· Management of all environmental related matters including, Waste, IPPC License & Local authority permits.
· Monitoring, analysing and collating of environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
· Prepare EHS reports as required for both internal and external groups e.g. J&J Corporate reporting requirements & EPA reporting.
· Perform periodic evaluations to ensure compliance with all environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
· Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, Environment Agencies and competent bodies.
· Assist with the maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
· Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
· Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
· Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment program and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
· Assist in coordination of the sites EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
· Participate in the development of site Industrial Hygiene Program, ensuring that compliance is achieved with corporate guidelines.
· Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
· Investigate accidents and incidents; develop corrective actions and track progress.
· Assist with the management of contractor related activities during normal operations and project/construction activities.
· Support the facility process safety management (PSM) program.
· Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly. This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies Required:
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
· Customer focus
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent presentation and training skills
· Strong Influencing skills
· Attention to detail
· Good problem solving skills
· Results and performance driven
· Adaptable and flexible
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Availability and willingness to travel on company business
· Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
Qualifications & Experience:
· Previous experience working to ISO14001 international standards, preferably within a medical device or related environment is required.
· A relevant third level qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
· Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety.
· Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies.
· Previous experience in carrying out Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
· Familiarity with ISO 14001 would be a distinct advantage
· Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
· A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
· Experience in Industrial Hygiene & process safety management preferable
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)
Environmental Health & Safety