Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS
Requisition ID: 1805626111W
This position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and overseeing all operational activities for JLABS @ BE. This position will also be part of the Global Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS leadership team.
JLABS is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
Key areas of responsibility related to leading JLABS @ BE:
- Lead the strategy, the operational activities and the team to deliver on the business objectives including financial performance measures, portfolio metrics and marketing/branding deliverables
- Develop, cultivate, and manage relationships with co-located JNJ and external innovation partners across Benelux and Europe
- Deliver financial forecasts and performance including revenues and operational expenditures
- Media relations
- Internal collaboration with each of Johnson & Johnson sectors, including pharm, medical device and consumer, and other internal capabilities
- Internal collaborations with all JNJ Innovation Centers (Shanghai, California, Boston, London) to complete deals strategic to the J&J portfolio strategy
- Venture Sourcing & Development within Johnson & Johnson’s three sectors (Pharma, Medical Device, and Consumer)
- Managing the performance of 25-50 external collaborators
You will have deep experience and understanding of the pharma, and/or the medical device and/or the consumer healthcare products industries, an entrepreneurial experience having started and/or run a start-up or a business unit within a larger corporation with excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
You are an analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals with demonstrated experience in initiating, establishing and managing partnerships with academic institutions and companies, including the interplay between internal and external stakeholders.
You have a demonstrated experience as part of negotiation team, with a demonstrated ability to contribute to establishing relationships at a fast pace while developing a collegial, collaborative relationship with a potential partner and be comfortable working with other team members, including scientific leads, transaction, legal, finance, marketing, and commercial teams to progress and complete partnerships.
You have a collaborative mindset and you are a strong team player and communicator that will develop and present strategic and scientific rationale to key internal constituencies.
You must be curious to think about, develop and present innovative ways for outreach and interaction with the healthcare ecosystem, and for “out-of-the-box” ideas and willing to take on responsibilities for helping to develop and strengthen J&J’s shared culture.
You possess strong written and verbal communication skills with a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
You have a action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management with a passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree (MBA and/or a MD or PhD) is preferred.
- Multi-lingual is a plus (French, Dutch, German, English)
- A Minimum of 15 years of experience and a track record in senior program management is required.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Knowledge and connections in the local and European life science ecosystem is preferred.
- You have a deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management with experience in business development, technology transfer, management consulting, and/or venture capital investing.
- Experience in the evaluation and execution of a diverse set of business development opportunities is required.
- Demonstrated adaptability to work across functions and therapeutic areas is required.
- This position is located in Beerse,Belgium, and requires willingness to travel (both domestically & internationally) up to 25% of the time.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)