Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operations Senior Manager, Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS
Requisition ID: 1805626089W
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is recruiting a Senior Manager, Beerse Operations at Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS @ BE. The goal of Johnson & Johnson Innovation is to advance transformative healthcare solutions that improve the lives of people around the world and, in so doing, to deliver value to Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”). JJI accomplishes this by catalyzing new science and technology through collaboration and exchange of ideas. This growing team is looking for a colleague inspired to help build and innovate new ways of fostering a productive life-science ecosystem.
JLABS (“JLABS”) is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
The Senior Manager, Beerse Operations is responsible for leading all aspects of the facility and overall site management for the JLABS facilities in Beerse including accountability for regulatory compliance, security, budget development and management, customer relationship management and administration of vendor agreements and amendments. You are responsible for providing leadership, setting expectations, and managing the supplier relationships that assist with daily operations. This position is on call 24/7.
The physical operation of the incubator facility is the most critical risk aspect of the JLABS Incubator business because of the Environmental Health and Safety, Intellectual Property and Security risks involved in such an operation. It is also of upmost importance to protecting the J&J brand given the scope of supporting up to 50 different legal entities on site. Given the importance of the physical structure and the management of compliance to EH&S regulations and IP requirements, you will deeply collaborate with internal Finance, Business Development, Marketing, Legal, EH&S, Facilities & Operations, Security, Risk Management and the leadership team to continuously assess the operating and business model for JLABS and its resident licensees.
You are expected to develop, recommend, and implement business model improvements that are correlated with facilities and operations.
This Senior Manager, Operations role will be responsible for the oversight of the new JLABS research laboratory in Beerse and will be responsible for ensuring the JLABS program is properly executed and that JLABS is compliant to the Corporate Risk Mitigation Plan. You will provide leadership, expertise and program development direction to support existing labs in addition to supporting any potential future JLABS locations in EMEA. You will lead internal and external collaboration efforts to ensure compliance while sustaining a capital efficient business model able that supports early-stage life science, medical device, consumer and digital health companies.
- You will implement the Beerse operating model which includes onboarding activities (pre-move-in, move in), ongoing facilities/equipment/EH&S/security management, overall laboratory management and off-boarding activities for both JLABS and resident companies.
- You will develop and sustain business relationships with companies residing in JLABS including gaining and maintaining the respect of the scientific community and is responsible for customer relationship management and ensuring positive customer workplace experiences during their residence in JLABS.
- You will continuously solicit stakeholder feedback on the program and appropriately leverage the feedback to establish goals, direction, and a vision to improve or expand the program with a focus on cost savings and scalability.
- You will partner closely with multiple J&J teams, stakeholders, and suppliers to manage all facets of the service delivery model including but not limited to, day to day facility operations, strategic facility planning, compliance, facility & laboratory equipment maintenance and purchases, all soft services (mailroom, housekeeping, conference room management, shipping & receiving, etc.), security, IT services, and EH&S. This is accomplished through applying proven leadership abilities, experience, and knowledge while strictly adhering to regulatory/compliance procedures and JLABS business procedures and requirements.
- You will partner with key stakeholders within the organization (EHS, Security, Finance and Marketing) to improve, develop, monitor, implement and approve all Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines, Policies and Trainings
- You will be responsible for the implementation of the Corporate Risk Mitigation Plan, which includes the coordination of periodic business audits and follow-up plans for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- You will lead local site audits for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and J&J operating standards.
- You will select and provide clear direction for service providers on expectations, develop and implement clear & achievable service levels with remediation and escalation procedures for disputes and oversee all contractor delivered programs to ensure adherence to J&J standards and policies.
- You will engage potential industry partners to identify new opportunities for collaboration that expand program capabilities and maintain leading edge
- You will be directly accountable for developing and managing the operational expense budget, driving cost reductions, cost efficiencies, and optimized contractor management.
- You will serve as the senior operations leader onsite to manage emergency response to situations in the lab and to liaise with external stakeholders such as fire and police departments, regulatory agencies, etc.
- In this role, you will need to be trained in media relations in the event of an emergency.
- You will partner with Business Operations to establish and execute improved process management methods to improve optimization.
- The Senior Manager, Beerse Operations is expected to lead, motivate, inspire, encourage and develop the Operations Team.
- You will co-chair the JLABS Beerse Safety Committee.
- You will be responsible for presenting all audit findings to JLABS Management team, J&J Innovation Leadership and other corporate stakeholders as required.
- You will continuously monitor and evaluate the Operational performance of the JLABS @ BE and all future JLABS facilities in EMEA in order to identify opportunities for improvements and compliance risks.
- You will collaborate with the JLABS Team and JLABS Customers to identify new service and product offerings to help build the JLABS brand and benefits to better serve our customers in order to accelerate their innovations and product development.
- You will ensure that all JLABS Licensee services and support processes meets JLABS missions and goals.
- You are responsible for ensuring that suppliers and JLABS resident companies are in compliance with all Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS policies and procedures and contractor safety guidelines and partners with the J&J Facilities and EHS&S Management to ensure JLABS and resident companies are in compliance with all local, provincial and federal regulations. You will provide leadership for internal and external inspections.
- BS/BA required, MBA or other equivalent advance degree preferred
- 10-12 years of combined business, operations management, or scientific experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing EH&S programs
- Demonstrated experience managing others
- Excellent track record with managing customer relationships
- PMP/FPX certification (or equivalent) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams and developing new programs
- Track record of leading continuous improvement projects
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial lab environment
- Possesses strong analytical and quantitative modeling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Broad understanding of facilities management
- Proven success within a highly matrixed organization
- You have demonstrated experience managing a life science or similar scientific research laboratory.
- You have an understanding of strategic business development and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- You have excellent contract management capabilities, negotiating skills with a broad understanding of facilities management and EH&S compliance requirements.
- A broad understanding of scientific research equipment is required
- You have experience working in a Matrix environment with a demonstrated track record with change process improvement in a dynamic environment.
- You have expertise in contract management and customer relationship management.
- This position is located at the Janssen Beerse Campus, Beerse, Belgium and requires up to 20% travel
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)