Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
National Sales Manager (UK/Ireland) - ACUVUE
Requisition ID: 1805625997W
National Sales Manager – UK & Ireland
Location: Home based (office is Wokingham, RG40) – 3 days in office per week
Reports to: General Manager
About the company
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is the contact lens division of the largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of healthcare products in the world. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has established itself in 20 years as the world leader in contact lenses and its ACUVUE® brand is currently the No. 1 selling lens in the world and is distributed in over 70 countries worldwide.
Click here to view our Acuvue YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/acuvueUK
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is passionate about bringing healthy vision to everyone, everywhere, every day. Our mission is to lead in quality, customer experience, innovation and growth across the world. We are committed to becoming our customers’ most valued partner in vision care through not only providing the most innovative products but also the practices and services that consistently add value to their business. We are dedicated to improving patient satisfaction and helping our customers to achieve greater fitting success through providing continuous education. We invest consistently to raise the awareness and generating interest amongst consumers to the benefits of wearing contact lenses.
Operational management and leadership of the UK & Ire field sales team to effectively grow the business in line with the Company’s objectives and the Credo.
As well as providing leadership to the field sales team and strong second line management of the sales management group the NSM will play a central role in the UK & Ire Management Team and the overall success and direction of the business.
Drive operational excellence to ensure the sales team and wider business has a strong plan in the short and longer term to achieve the aggressive growth ambitions to double the business in 5 years.
The UK & Ire business is the one of the largest markets within J&J Vision EMA and is thus a high profile position with high visibility and responsibility in the region and globally.
The UK & Ire field sales team has a total of 39 FT heads; which consists of five regions (total heads: 5 x ASMs) and within each region is 6-8 ACUVUE Account Managers (total heads: 34 x AAMs).
Ensure all sales targets (cyclical, bi-annual and annual) achieved along with other KPIs covering POA priorities, SFE and talent development.
· Generate, lead and execute the sales strategy for J&J Vision Care UK & Ire, in alignment with core strategic goals to drive outstanding growth and exceed BP expectations. (sales deployment, segmentation, Sales Force Effectiveness, sales training and strategy)
· Core member of the UK & Ire Management Team
· Work in partnership with stakeholders from other functions both within the UK & Ire local market and across the EMA team including SFE, Marketing, Finance, Professionals Affairs, HR, Key Account
· Work closely with Marketing and the Channel managers in developing strong Key Account, Emerging Channel, regional and independents channel strategies and plan.
· Drive the Plan Of Action (POA) development and execution for each sales cycle as well as being in charge of the sales conference and training of the team.
· Participate and provide key inputs to the business planning sessions in order to ensure compatibility to the sales plans.
· Ensure sales organisation is effectively structured, deployed, aligned and utilised to achieve UK & Ire strategic goals and is supported by effective performance improvement processes.
· Communicate and implement the Company vision, credo and values to the Sales Team.
· Proactively analyze and communicate results against forecasts and present to senior management.
· Recruit and develop exceptional talent through the approved performance management process
· Develop, implement reward and recognition structures that drive a culture of ‘over achievement’ and deliver outstanding growth.
· Develop working environment for Sales Team that fosters commitment, teamwork and continuous improvement
· Full responsibility for budget and cost centre.
· Build strong, effective relationships with UK & Ire Key Opinion Leaders, Professional Groups, industry groups, etc
· Observe and ensure compliance to the highest possible standards across the company i.e. HCC, Regulatory etc.
· Provide and demonstrates exceptional leadership at all times both internally and externally and become a key contributor to the future success of the Vision Care franchise.
· Ensure Credo, Compliance, Quality integrity is maintained at all times, promoting growth the right way, continuation of demand led culture.
· Deliver against SAFE Fleet KPIs and ensure safe drive culture maintained.
- Extensive experience within field sales management, with a track record of leading a team that delivered sales success is essential
- Educated to degree level
- Proven success in a second line management role
- Business and strategic planning experience
- The ability to motivate and inspire others, leading to excellent business results.
- A high level of energy, urgency and dynamism to exceed performance targets.
- Understanding and commitment to the importance of processes and procedures designed to optimise efficiencies and performance.
- Optimum time management and organisational ability.
- A strong team player
- Ability and desire to move upwards within the organisation.
- 3 days per week (expected) in the Pinewood office; attending meetings and being visible representation of the field sales team.
- Minimum 1 day per week in field (more where possible); either observing ASMs, AAMs, or attending customer conferences, exhibitions and meetings.
- Conduct 3-in-a-car observations with each of ASMs (minimum of) once per cycle to assist in coaching development.
- Expectation to conduct regular team conference calls and one-with-one phone calls with team members to update on performance, priorities and wider organisation news.
- Required to attend various monthly functional and cross-functional meetings at Head Office (Pinewood office); examples include: Sales Management Meeting, UK & Ire Management Team, KA & Marketing meeting.
- Some additional projects are assigned to NSM according to the business needs and the individual’s experience, skills and development plan.
- Requirement to attend all National, Regional and European Sales meetings and any other internal meetings as per business needs.
- Provide representation for J&J Vision Care at National and customer specific clinical, educational and business conferences that may include evenings and weekends.
- Extensive travel throughout the UK & Ire (with occasional European travel) required in order to fulfil the job role.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Hampshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Oxfordshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Surrey, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Berkshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Buckinghamshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-London
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)