Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
Requisition ID: 1805624836W
Caring for the world, one person at the time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is one of the leading health care companies in the world, with over 6,000 people working for Johnson & Johnson companies in Switzerland. Johnson & Johnson’s footprint covers sites and companies across three of its sectors - Consumer Health Care, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals businesses, situated in a number of locations across Switzerland.
As the Communications & Public Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of integrated external and internal communication and public affairs strategies that engage and influence internal and external stakeholders; protect and enhance the reputation of Janssen in Switzerland and Austria; and support the growth objectives of Janssen Alpine in Switzerland and Austria (CH/AUT).
Guide decisions to drive business growth, and develop and enhance our reputation in Switzerland and Austria
- Develop and implement Communication and Public Affairs strategies to strengthen the corporate image and reputation of Janssen as a thought leader, breakthrough innovator, and a trusted partner for healthcare system
- Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy which translates our company strategy into a compelling narrative for external audiences
- Implement internal communications strategies that drive OpCo employee engagement; support change management initiatives; oversee Janssen Alpine specific communication channels and content creation
- Drive Janssen’s Alpine business by developing and leveraging relationships with key external stakeholders and enabling senior leaders within the organization to engage with them to enhance our reputation
- Work closely with the Janssen Alpine Leadership Team and ensure alignment with them
- Work closely with the cross-sector and EMEA regional Communications & Public Affairs colleagues to ensure alignment and to maximize opportunities for internal and external engagement
Drive Enterprise and OpCo growth, and build stakeholder trust/advocacy by leading team in developing and implementing proactive communication and public affairs initiatives
- Develop and implement an integrated ommunication plan that disseminates consistent messages to external stakeholders as well as internal employess according to Company strategy
- Maintain deep understanding of current issues in the environment affecting Janssen and its brands as well as the broader enterprise
- Assess opportunities and organize in alignment with Janssen Alpine Leadership Team proactive participation of company leadership in key events and forums; manage leadership communications, external visibility, and media presence, including media trainings, speech preparation, etc.
- Help secure Janssen employees’ strong buy-in and support for the company’s goals while raising the level of pride and loyalty to Janssen through effective internal communication programs and activities
- Designated media contact and spokesperson: responsible for maintaining a network of media contacts on behalf of Janssen Alpine; responsible for reactive communication and identifying opportunities for proactive communication. Work closely with Managing Director and External Affairs Directors in CH/AT in these media interactions
- Establish OpCo digital strategy presence, in alignment with Swiss Cross-Sector strategy and guidance
- Operate as strategic advisor for the senior OpCo leaders regarding all aspects of internal communications. Develop and implement communication tools to support change management programs as needed
- Collaborate closely with communication teams from other sectors, Supply Chain, R&D and Enterprise to ensure consistent messaging and “one J&J” approach as appropriate
- Identify and apply key outcomes and metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that improve quality, performance and key capabilities; benchmark activity with appropriate external targets
- Working with the Government Affairs/External Affairs team, develop a consistent approach to evaluate, advise and brief internal leaders on developments in the external world.
- Take an active role in appropriate industry trade association groups to ensure Janssen/J&J’s voice is heard and has a role in shaping industry interventions.
- Effectively manage public relations and other agencies as required
- Oversee budgets with the highest degree of fiscal prudence and responsibility
- Responsible for the content of the Janssen corporate website and associated materials
- Responsible for organizing annual internal kick off meeting, Company townhalls and other events as needed
- Provide regular status updates to Swiss Communications & Public Affairs lead as needed
- Support development of Communication & PA updates to Alpine Management Committee and support development of briefing documents for senior management on key topics (e.g., for Swisspharma Board of Management meetings).
- Complete annual Drug Safety, industry code and HCC Awareness training.
- Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance.
- Act in accordance with relevant industry Codes of Practice and Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements.
- Comply with designated SOPs for the role.
Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues
- Ensure excellence in management of product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Partner closely with regional Janssen communication, Media Relations, Workforce Communication, Strategy & Insights and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment
- Education and/or additional training: BA required
- Proven performer with 8+ years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements
- Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships with top executives; ability to network and connect effectively
- Experience in crisis/issues management
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Understanding of digital and social platforms
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written skills in main working languages (English, German, French preferred)
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects
- Exercise independent judgment even in challenging, complex situations
- Understanding of Switzerland and Austria political and economic landscape, decision-making process and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Abiltiy to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in both countries (CH and AT) preferred
- Excellent Company culture/values fit
Cilag GmbH International (8525)