Johnson & Johnson Careers
Guangzhou (Canton), Guangdong
Medical Science Liaison
Requisition ID: 1805624822W
1. Medical information communication
a) To communicate directly and proactively scientific information on the products within the approved label as well as information related to the therapeutic area to KOLs and broader external audiences, including participation in formulary discussions as appropriate.
b) Second line support MI to scientific queries of customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Information documents e.g. literatures, safety records, scientific FAQs etc.
c) To organize and moderate advisory boards in cooperation with TA groups including TAP, TA product marketing team.
d) To provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Department as appropriate.
e) To act as a reference point to Sales Representatives for any scientific query.
2. Medicinal education, medical program and actives
a) To organize local or regional medical education activities including program development, speaker selection and support in collaboration with ME as appropriate.
b) To support national and regional medical educational events including material development, speaker selection and support in collaboration with ME&TAPs.
c) Support medical affairs program and activities at local and regional level.
3. Support company medical affairs plan/product plan design
a) Responsible for exhaustive collection of information from the in-scope territory regarding existing knowledge gaps, scientific data gaps and clinical care gaps.
b) Responsible for providing inputs from the field into the Medical Strategy authored by TA Physicians.
4. KOL development and engagement
a) Actively identify, develop and engage key KOLS at regional level.
b) Proactive and reactive communication of medical/scientific data to KOLs.
c) Through scientific interactions with KOLs, champion medical benefits of products and contribute to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
d) Coordination on IIS submission, review and feedback process
5. To maintain updated medical and scientific knowledge about clinical practices and studies conducted within the therapeutic areas.
6. Ad hoc activities
a) Responsible for productive engagement alone or in cross-functional teams with key regional external stakeholders including KOLs but also paying attention to pharmacists, nurses, hospital administrators, government officials etc as business needs require.
b) Help supervisor/manager to coach/train junior MSLs.
A. Education/Training background:
- Medical science, pharmacology with university degree, or Master degree or plus
- Medical Doctor or PharmaD preferred
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Strong influence skills and communication skills to establish and maintain partnership with KOLs and other key stakeholders
- Understanding GCP Principals and HCC requirements
- Good command of English, fluent at writing, speaking and listening
- Good at coaching skills
C. Job Experience
- 4-5 years of working experiences in related therapeutic areas
- 1-2 years of MSL experience
Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (7043)
Medical Science Liaison