Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Sr. Manager, BTL, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines
Requisition ID: 1805624586W
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL) supporting the Janssen R&D Infectious Diseases & Vaccines Therapeutic Area, with location in Leiden, Netherlands or Beerse, Belgium.
At Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We develop treatments, medical devices, and consumer products that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Our pharmaceutical research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. Our medical devices teams serve healthcare professionals in fields like orthopedics, neurology, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, wound management, women’s health, vision care, and diabetes. Our Consumer companies make many of the world’s most beloved healthcare brands. Many of our brands hold #1 or #2 positions in their categories. All of our consumer brands offer innovative healthcare solutions that help people live healthy, vibrant lives. For more about Johnson & Johnson, visit www.jnj.com
Leveraging the talent and product expertise across the J&J companies,
we are establishing
enterprise teams for Clinical Operations and Regulatory Operations to enhance
our ability to deliver cross-sector patient and consumer solutions through best-in-class
processes that reduce complexity and bring products to markets faster.
This role is a key position in the enterprise effort.
The Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL) for the Janssen R&D Infectious Diseases & Vaccines (IDV) Therapeutic Area will play a critical role in identifying opportunities for the innovative application of established and emerging technology to support therapeutic research & development and to enhance the value proposition of therapeutic and disease area strategies. Positioned at the interface between Janssen pharmaceutical R&D scientists and the J&J Technology organization, the BTL is responsible for developing a deep understanding of disease area and compound development strategies and proposing transformational technology solutions that provide significant value for the IDV Therapeutic Area and can be executed in partnership with the J&J Technology Product Line Organizations (PLOs). Cross-disciplinary experience and a strong ability to communicate and build credibility with scientists as well as to translate innovative ideas into actionable projects executed by Technology professionals is essential.
The Senior Manager BTL has a lead role in the definition and execution of technology development projects and, to do this, will participate in strategic business planning and will lead business analysis activities and business risk assessments for newly identified technology opportunities. The Senior Manager, BTL will partner closely with R&D leaders to propose and execute technology solutions for Disease Area strategic priorities. S/he will partner with J&J Technology solution and enterprise architects to design effective innovative solutions and ensure efficient integration with technologies in existing system landscapes. The Senior Manager, BTL is responsible for ensuring the outcome of multiple technology programs, including establishing scope and project objectives, development of budget and capital appropriation requests, meeting time and budget requirements, directing all project resources, and helping R&D business partners to realize the value proposition for implemented solutions. To ensure delivery of solutions, s/he will partner closely with the J&J sector R&D Technology BTL and PLO teams, as well as J&J Technology and external service providers. The Senior Manager, BTL for Janssen R&D IDV reports to the Technology Senior Director, BTL for Oncology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Through ongoing consultation with R&D leaders, identifies and analyzes business needs, ensures scope and requirements are aligned and creates opportunities for innovation in technology enabled solutions that drive value for Disease Area Strategy
- Engages architecture, product line organizations (PLOs), and Technology shared services experts to define Technology solution strategies that maximize business value and are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Learn Disease Area and Compound Development Team priorities and translate them to the development of business cases for proposed projects
- Partner with PLOs to estimate cost of development effort, resource requirements, and time to deliver prioritized requirements
- Structures and evaluates proof of concept projects that can demonstrate value to support future endorsed programs
- Works with Project Managers to manage project plans, financials, risks and issues for the defined projects and portfolio
- Coordinates business engagement for user acceptance testing, rollout, and adoption
- Ensures compliance with Janssen policies & regulations, participates in compliance activities as required, and ensures development of required documentation
- Tracks benefit realization from the delivered capabilities
- Manages business partner expectations and resolves conflicts
- Negotiates the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in pharmaceutical research and development is required
- Experience in vaccine research and development is required
- A background in immunology or infectious disease is required
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and prior leadership in information and technology is preferred
- Experience in managing laboratory data (e.g. electronic lab notebooks) is preferred
- Experience in biomarker discovery preferred
- Experience in the application of wearable biosensors is preferred
- Prior project leadership in a matrixed environment is required
- Experience with informatics approaches involving biological pathway and systems biology is required
- Experience developing software solutions is preferred
- A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for excellence and global expansion
- An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
- An innovative thinker with strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact for addressing the needs of stakeholders including patients, caregivers, and clinicians
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business and its operating environment (e.g., trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in biological or computational science is required
- Ph.D. in biological or computational science is preferred
- Strong communication skills, and strong relationship development and management attributes in a global setting is required
- Experience in bioinformatics research with a focus on large scale “omic” and pathway/system analytics is required
- Experience in vaccine research and development is required
- Comfort with working in a matrixed environment is required
- Demonstrated experience defining innovation strategy and driving its implementation is required
- Strong knowledge of medicinal product R&D with demonstrated experience driving new system implementation is required
- Experience managing matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required
- Experience managing global business priorities and projects across multiple business areas is required
- Strong business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required
- An understanding of 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements is preferred
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is preferred
- Aptitude and experience managing the estimation, budgeting, and financial tracking of Technology projects is required
- Up to 15% travel (domestic & international) is required
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)