Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director - Group Leader in Process Chemistry
Requisition ID: 1805624354W
Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Sciences, the CMC organisation within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., is employing several hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. The department of API Small Molecule Development develops practical, efficient, safe and green chemical processes for drug candidates at all stages of development, including second-generation processes and improvement of existing commercial process. Due to the recent growth of our development pipeline, we are expanding our in house development group by hiring in a number of key strategic areas.
In the department of API Small Molecule Development we currently have a vacancy for (m/f): Associate Director - Group Leader in Process Chemistry
The Group Leader supervises a group of 6-8 lab chemists. In his/her own or assigned projects aimed at the development of therapeutic agents he/she directs advanced research and applies state‑of‑the‑art scientific knowledge in line with project timelines and milestone deliveries.
- Leads, coaches and develops a mixed team of professional bachelor and academic organic chemists. Defines and follows-up on individual goals & objectives and development plans. Evaluates performance.
- Responsible for alerting API management to resource issues and offering solutions
- Ensures safe lab environment and adherence of the group to EHS rules and programs
- Responsible for creating a scientific environment where the scientific staff can grow professionally
- Ensures adequate and functioning equipment in all labs.
- Responsible for executing the responsibilities of Scientific Integrator when necessary:
- originates scientific experiments; ensures high quality standards; develops new methodologies and ideas;
- effectively applies state‑of‑the‑art scientific knowledge. Shows a state-of‑the‑art proficiency in team discipline. Demonstrates considerable knowledge/expertise outside of own field, especially in bridging disciplines. Applies new approaches to the solution of problems.
- Establishes priorities, checkpoints, and time frames for experimental work in support of objectives and for the adequate progress of team projects and objectives.
- Keeps abreast of current scientific developments and new techniques by reading the current scientific literature broadly, and by interacting with outside scientists.
- Consults on technical and conceptual plans with colleagues in PDMS
- Ph.D. / MSc degree with minimum 5 years of experience in the area of process chemistry within the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent by experience.
- Good skills for organizing, planning, and problem solving.
- Leadership skills to manage and develop a team of research chemists
- Ability to interface with people of various groups and disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to translate creative and innovative approaches into the solution of problems and the timely advancement of projects is required.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Ability to conduct diverse scientific projects in an organised and productive manner.
- High sense of responsibility regarding scientific and professional activities.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)