Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Category Regional Manager
Requisition ID: 1805624116W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Regional Category Manager will be responsible for managing the Procurement of IT with a primary focus on Application Development and Maintenance; in support of approximately $140 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. The spend is highly complex in nature and requires close collaboration with key stakeholders within IT, Procurement, Global Services and across businesses to manage effectively. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
He/she will provide Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Regional Category Manager’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Developing and driving the Regional vision for the category for, with and through the stakeholder community including, but not limited to, Global IT Procurement, Global Services, Technology Services and the BU IT teams.
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understanding long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that result in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management, improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs including setting alignment and execution of Business Plan.
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets in line with GS requirements
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J Management
- Project management skills
- Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders People management experience
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)